Ending it with a controlling man?

He's smart, he's sexy, he has been trying to get me for two years, and I finally gave him a chance about 4 weeks ago. We've been dating ever since. There are great aspects to the relationship (like the you-know-what and how we both love the stock market)... but he is very controlling and possessive. This was easy to ignore when we first began but I can feel myself complying to his craziness now. He even began to say things like "I'll put a bullet through your head if you don't _____" but says that he's only joking a second later!?

The point is: I don't trust him and I don't want to be with him anymore. I am a little bit scared of his reaction. Should I have my best friend wait in the car outside or something? Idk... how do I go about this?

01

What Guys Said 1

• I'd recommend you meet him in a coffee shop and have a male friend or two sitting nearby - preferably with baseball bats. Be direct and determined, he'll turn the charm on high to try to persuade you to change your mind, he might even use the "M" word on you. Be firm, have your say, and leave. Have your Girlfriend waiting at the curb.

Your Boyfriend is an abusive controller, and even though he has some charming aspects to his character, over time people like him demand greater and greater control over your life.

Plan on a week out of town after you break up with him, it might save your life.

What Girls Said 0