Why did he break up with me for no reason?

We have been dating for almost 5 months everything was fine, met each other's kids and were at I love you etc. then one night I was working and couldn't have my normal nightly chat with him and then next thing you know I'm accused of cheating. Then he breaks up with me. I waited 2 weeks then reached out to him and he said that he isn't doing well, he's been binge drinking and he isn't ready to be in a relationship. Like wtf?

1833

Most Helpful Guys

• Oh yeah, it's over. He's annoyed by you but he can't show it because it would result in his grip on you to loosen. He has a potential warming up in the bull pen but he has to create this whole scenario in order to break free guilt free. He fucked up and allowed himself to become amused by the thought of another woman's charm. Sad thing is that other girl probably has no idea. Either way, he's a loser looking for pity points so that he can call upon you at his want. Also, did you give e him any reason to accuse you? Like do you hang out with guys or do you have like a guy best friend or roommate? A missed phone call usually isn't the opportunity a guy capitalizes on to make his move. It's games. Drop that dude and at the most maybe give him some goodbye sex like 2 or 3 more times. Make sure you count and never exceed the 3 sexual encounters after a breakup because then it's not a breakup, it's a fight. Good luck

• I dont want to enter of details about your chat, but somehow you trigger his suspicion that you are cheating him, maybe he was was thinking about that for a long time, that you are cheating him, and one wrong word could activate that suspicion. On the other hand he was maybe planning to break up with you but he didn't have reason, and you provide him a reason that night, that he needed to break up. But what is truth... you will know when you sit with him and have honest conversation.

• Sitting down with him isn't an option, he's done. He said something about how he can't be on social media and hasn't been on Instagram, like so weird.

• Face to face is only way, because you can see his body reactions and face movement, on social media you can't. Or you can simply go on with your life and find some better guy.

Most Helpful Girls

• Try thinking about the whole situation... Can you recall any incident that must have put him off? Do you really think he was in love with you? I would suggest you to have a really mature and calm talk with him especially because he is accusing you of cheating

• We were great, I swear it! It was perfect, we talked about marriage moving in together and having a baby together. Then just one night it ends. I know his ex wife screwed him up (she cheated on him then took his kids to another state) but when I talked to him yesterday there was no turning him around. He was set on it. Asked if I could give my daughter a kiss from him and I said absolutely not, we just want to forget about you, I told him I was going to block him on social media and he was like why, none of your other exes are, then he just said he was so sorry and dead silence and I hung up.

• I'm trying to apply logic... So he said you're cheating. But you didn't. The first question would be why he said so. Maybe someone said something like that or maybe he saw something that made him jealous and imagined all that about you cheating.

Then after that he's been drinking and says he can't be in a relationship. I agree. If he had imagined you cheated is because he's too insecure to trust you. He can be insecure because of bad past experiences or whatever.

What is sure is that for a relationship to work both individuals must be confident enaugh. Insecurity ruins trust. If he's not ok maybe he needs to go to a therapy or at least a time to reflect. You can make him sure you didn't cheated and that you're there as a friend if he needs help or support.