Did she cheat on me?

I'm confused my girlfriend broke up with me a few days ago and then I found out that she has a new boyfriend it hurts...

Is it right if I stay away even though she said she wants me to stay as a friend?

53

Most Helpful Girl

• nobody deserves this treatement. if they officially became a couple after you two broke up, then she was seeing him while you were together. she just wants to keep you close incase their relationship doesn't work out, she won't be alone. when my ex am I mutually split, it took a month and a half before we started talking again. if you want to be friends with her give it a month or so. so she and you can adjust your lives and get used to the fact that you're not togehter anymore. then you can work on being friends. in my opinion, you shouldn't be friends because of the way things ended. this break up was a one sided thing. only one wanted this. if it was mutual then maybe the just friends thing would work out. if you decide to be friends you would be reminded of your relationship since it was you who didn't want to break up. and its not fair to yourself. my advice talk to a best friend I don't mean about your break up about any thing get yourself occupied with friends and activities to get your mind of the whole thing. when you find yourself thinking about it say to yourselt she doesn't deserve you. hope I helped!

What Girls Said 4

• Yes! Cut all ties and get out of there! She is only stringing you along in case things don't work out with the other guy. Its only going to keep you from moving on... don't do it!

• at this point, all you should be worried about is you and your feelings.. so how can you make yourself happy again? without her? because she treated you wrong, so now it's "you" time. spend time doing what you love and don't think about her. she's only keeping you around in case it doesn't work out with the new guy.. forget her--she's not worth it

• Staying friends will only hurt you :( maybe in the long run ou can be but right now it will mess up the healing process

• it doesn't mean she cheated. for all you know, he could be a rebound

What Guys Said 3

• Not only did she cheat on you, but she is making you look stupid. STOP communicating with her in any way. DO NOT be friends with her, the "friendship" ended when you became a couple. What kind of "friendship" would it be? She will talk to you only if she has problems with her new boyfriend, you help her, and she gos to bone him for about a couple of months and stops talking to you, wash rinse repeat. She used the "lets be friends" card to ease off of you slowly, and since you have such low self esteem you considered it. Now she wants you to have a front row seat boning this other guy while she KNOWS how you feel about her. Leave this selfish girl alone and start dating other girls out there. She had this other guy week maybe months before she dumped you for him. NEVER talk to her again, move on, and remember that the more you treat a woman with respect, the more she will play you then leave you for more of a challenge.

• Perhaps she just broke up with you to be with him so she didn't cheat on you. Politely tell her that you need some time to get over her and then you can remain friends. Just never forget the feeling you have right now if she wants to come crawling back.

In fact, write down your feelings in a blog or journal to remind yourself later on. I don't date exs for that reason. I might have an on and off again relationship with periodic breaks but that's a bit different.

• Stay away...far far away. Don't let her string you along. ...nobody deserves this sh*t. Move on...She may also contact you wanting to get back together...but seriously if she does, you have to decide if you can handle going though the same thing again...I don't know your whole situation though, or how long you been together, and if you are in love with her...but it most likely doesn't matter.

• Well she just told me that she does not love me anymore and a day after we formally broke up according to her, was the day that they became a couple, I do hope that theirs is a rebound relationship... How I wish...