Should I contact my ex's new guy?

We were 10 years common law, says she lost her attraction for me. A week latter with another guy that I've know for a couple years.

Should I contact him and have a civil man to man?

23

Most Helpful Guy

• Your going to contact him and say what? leave her alone? He is a man he did what men do. He approached a woman. She is grown if she didn't want him she would ve declined it. Now I am assuming you want her back. If that's the case, let them be. If you do approach the guy, for one your going to look like an ass since they both will laugh at you, won't take you seriously. I just don't see any good coming out of this. A man to man would be necessary if he was harassing her. Now he's the boyfriend or whatever. IF YOU WERE GOOD to her, all the while she is with him, she is goiong to think of you. maybe the first two months she won't as mush because she will be enjoy the excitment of a new boyfriend. LIke is said IF YOU WERE GOOD to her after 4 to 5 moths she is going to realize what's good for her. If it's you, she will come back, if him she will stay with him( 90% chance it won't be him), if it's neither of you she will move on. But for now let them be. The more you contact her, the more you will push her into his arms. Take that from someone whose dealt with this situation

What Girls Said 2

• I'm sorry to hear that. :/ But I would advise to leave her and especially the new guy alone. I can't really see anything being "fixed" by speaking to him, as much as I know you want to. The best thing to do is not to contact her or him and try to move on. It'll probably be a while before you feel normal/happy but you will get over her.

I was with my ex for 8 years. When he broke up with me, it was kinda out of nowhere. I asked him if he was with someone else and he said that he just didn't have the same feelings for me (which I knew was a lie). Later I found out that he had cheated on me and had gotten this "one-night stand" pregnant. I was hurt, but I knew that things would never be the same. So I decided to move on, and trust me I am so much happier and enjoying the single life to the fullest! It wasn't over night, it's been almost 4 months now, and yes it still hurts. But there will be a time that he fully regrets his decision (like she will), if he doesn't already. I'm not delusional, I was a really good good girlfriend to him, so I don't regret anything.

I hope this helps.

• No, doing that is not going to make you feel any better.

• Thanks. I just feel if he wasn't moving in on her she would be more apt to try and make this work. I want her back!

• He's a rebound, so he won't be around long. But if you are serious about getting her back, you need some space to decide if that is really for the best. She hurt you bad and got with someone else and if you get back together there's no garentee she won't do it again. Do you really want to be with someone who could do that to you, or do you want to move on and try to find someone who will treat you better?

What Guys Said 2

• No, and don't ever contact her again while you're at it. Move on and date other girls. Don't give them the satisfaction of your attention. All you will do is waste your time and cause yourself misery. Even if things don't work out and she "comes back", it won't be for the long run. She has lost attraction for you and that's all you need to know. Don't contact him, fighting or talking it out over a girl isn't ever worth it. Move on.

• She might be on a rebound.. you could win her back, you just need to take a step back and give her a little space, then plan your attack