Is it stupid to break up with your boyfriend because you don’t feel love or special?

We just hit five months in our relationship. Lately I’ve been feeling way more sad than happy. I feel like about everyday I tell him why I’m unhappy about things he’s not doing that are lacking from attention, responses, appreciation, or care. I know he’s a good person and he does care for me. But I just never feel like he cares enough even if he tells me he does like me a lot and sees a future. I know he is slowly bettering his mistakes or what I need to feel care for.. but it’s very slow... and I just feel so sad... to the point I’m even starting to feel empty in an unhappy way...

Do i I break up or try?

1012

Most Helpful Girl

• Sorry to break it to you, but you're the one with the idea that you're sad. You have a choice to let yourself be sad, or try to do something about it. I've been in the same position as you - lack of attention - and I've dealt with it for a really long time. However, I realized that with nagging and being sad about it, I let myself be less attractive to my boyfriend and therefore creating even more of a distance. What boyfriend would want a girlfriend who complains constantly about wanting attention?

Be happy because he is trying his best to make you happy. You're impatient, while you should be loving him for the fact that he's trying so hard to meet your expectations. You have a boyfriend who cares about you. Isn't that what you want?

• Thank you. I needed this.

Yeah I do feel bad to tell him those things too. I feel like it makes me feel unappreciated for the other things he has done for me. But I was just really sad about the lack of attention and not feeling as a priority... it’s just painful. Sighs. It started making me think maybe he’s happier with someone else who’s less complicated.

But you’re right... he does care. It’s just hard for me to see it at times and so I get really down.

• Thank you for saving my relationship! :) He took me out today for a surprise at a really nice restaurant out of city. It probably felt the most normal, fun we had in a while. We both were really happy. I think what also helped was your advices. I realized it’s all about perspective. I had a shift of perspective and it helped me be more thankful, positive about my relationship. ❤️ I’ll see how this one goes :)

I also appreciate your offer. I’ll def message you if I have any more concerns and questions ☺️ I hope you have a good day!

• You’re welcome!! So happy to hear that you two are doing great now 😊 I hope that you’ll remember this when you feel these bad thoughts again. Have a great day as well! 😄