Have you ever tried to be friends with your ex?

Did ya?

I have and its an absolute shit show

2374

Most Helpful Guys

• I did and I soon say the shitty mess she was hiding while we dated. She was so messed up mentally and soon after twistted everything kept asking me constantly if I was just friends so I could have sex with her virgin ass.

Soon after she told me we could never be friends after she flipped out from me complimenting our mutual friend and giving her a good bye hug in front of her.

• Waste of time. One person invariably still haa feelings or at least resentment. The offer of friendship after a breakup is often because one party or the other is too scared to let go. Far better to just let go. Maybe a friendship can happen later down the line when the feelings are gone.

Most Helpful Girls

• I tried right after we broke up, and like yours, it turned into a complete shit show. When my ex could no longer manipulate/control me, he lost his marbles. He accused me of taking his stuff like a laundry hamper, which was actually mine and told me I had to let him see *my* dog and spend time with her alone. I said no because he was physically abusive towards her so that enraged him even more. Once I finished dealing with shit we had to deal with (apartment lease stuff), I blocked him on everything. I'm never staying friends with an ex ever again

• No. I've had no need to. I prefer to cut all ties and move forward with my life. Remaining friends with an ex just creates drama within new relationships. It complicates life. Plus , I'd find it disrespectful to a new boyfriend if I remained friends with an ex. Even if he was ok about it, I'd still view it as disrespectful