How can I end things when I am in way too deep?

We have a child together, we have been together for five years. I feel like I am screaming at the top of my lungs and no one hears me. I'm tired. I'm drained. I'm starting to feel old and worn. I've taken so many turns that I thought were right, but I keep ending up the at same place, back at square one. I've tried everything there is no solution. I want to end things. I don't want to be with him any more. The problem is I feel trapped. I don't know where else to turn. We live together. The place is in my name but he pays rent.

21

Most Helpful Girl

• this is exactly why I believe all girls should go to college and have a degree before they settle down and have kids with a dude. not that I should speak, because I i did the exact same thing.settled with a guy I was not happy with for nine effin' years because we had a child together and I thought I HAD to stay. now I regret not leaving sooner. if you are NOT happy, if you do NOT love him...get a job.do what you have to do to support yourself and your child. you do not want to end up in your 30's still with someone that makes you unhappy and having done nothing to correct your situation. you CAN do it by yourself. and he would have to help financially. if you are not happy then find a way to get out. I did. it was hard. but I did it. and I am happier now than I ever would have been if I had stayed just out of convenience. feel free to pm me. I have lots of experience with this kind of situation and I would love to help in any way I can! best of luck to you!

What Guys Said 1

• Think about the child... The challenges and disadvantages you are putting your child at by not having a traditional family unit is more than you probably realize. You made your decisions, not do the right thing and secure the good future of your child.

experience - father left at age 6

What Girls Said 1

• Dear, you are between 18-24, no one in that age group should ever feel: "like I am screaming at the top of my lungs and no one hears me. I'm tired. I'm drained. I'm starting to feel old and worn."

It's hard and scary to be completely independent, but it is possible, and you'll be a stronger person for it. If you stay in this relationship that you don't want to fix, where will you be in 5 years? 10 years? I imagine that's not somewhere you want to be. You will feel the same way, only multiplied, your child will be old enough to catch onto these undertones, and the man you're with will feel the same way about you as you do about him. You need to do what's right for you, and in the long run it will be better for everyone. :)