So I accidentally saw my ex's text message to some girl saying "goodnight xx". What does that mean? Obvioisly he's flirting with her?

We still hang out now and then, in good terms. We broke up less than a month ago due to him wanting to live near his family, which is far from where were at now, among other reasons. Anyway, we were watching something on his phone, and when he tried closing the opened tabs ( i dont know what its called), i briefly saw his message to some girl saying "goodnight xx". And so i asked him who the girl was and if he is flirting with someone new. He was like, "youre jumping to conclusions. Its not like that. Its just a goodnight. When i say goodnight to you, you get an xox". And i said, "you dont send me xx when you say goodnight to me. You haven't sent me an xox for the longest time. Just a sticker of goodnight." I did get mad, mainly because we just broke up and i think he's already flirting with someone, and denying it. And our reason of breaking up is mainly for him. If he is flirting with someone else, he should have straight up informed me so i wouldn't be hanging out with him anymore. I do still have feeling for him, so knowing that hurts, i did overreact specially since were not officially together anymore. But really? Less than a month? I smell rebound.

110

Most Helpful Guys

• You. Are. Not. Dating. Him. Like yes, it probably is flirting/sweet talk but you reaaaaally don't have room to be upset about someone moving on.

• Really? He can't flirt with ANYONE else just because you two broke up? So if he wants to hang out with you he can't try and date again for the rest of his life?

Yes, it's likely he's flirting, or maybe she's just a good friend

• He knows im still hurting from the break up, i didn't want it, but had to. Should have just stopped all communication with me if he wants to flirt with someone else.

• Wy should he stop communication with you just because he's talking to another girl? Why CAN'T he flirt with another girl?
      You just need to move on with life & accept you're not together.
      If you were so hurt, you wouldn't still hang out with him..

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't understand this. What did you think was going to happen?
    You two broke up and he has every right to flirt with other women. Doesn't matter that you two are still hanging out, because you are not in a relationship anymore.
    Why did you even keep hanging out with him?
    I know it hurts you, but objectively speaking, you have no right to meddle into his private life anymore.