How would you feel seeing an ex being treated better than how you treated them?

If you can admit that you weren't the greatest partner to them, how would you feel to see them with someone better now?

0|2

Most Helpful Guys

• The new partner will always be better than the old partner, especially while the relationship is fresh. An ex will even make sure she tells you that just to try and make you feel bad. I don't worry about it. I did everything I possibly could for my ex. I worked up to 60 hours a week, bought her house and car which she won with our divorce and she cheated on me several times... and you know what? I am still seen as the bad guy and bad ex-husband. Bottom line is you can only do your best and if that is not good enough it is their problem. So to answer your question, I don't even think about it.

1|1
    0|0
  • Happy. If you really love someone, you would wish to see them having all the happiness they could ever want in their life - even if it means that they're not with you. To hang on to someone but offer them a life they're not happy with is selfishness. No one deserves that - not you, not them.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Honestly, that's all I wanted for them. I could never give him a real relationship or the kind he wanted. He deserves that after what we've been through

2|0
    0|0
  • I think I treat my boyfriend well now, so I'd imagine if in the future what I feel would be jealousy because I put my effort in now and I just chalk it up to things didn't work out. If I didn't treat him well, I would feel a weird mix I think. Probably jealously, regret, and embarassment.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 29

• I'd be happy for her. I generally have good relationships with my exes because I base my relationships on a lot more than appearance, so if we end up romantically incompatible there is still some level of love remaining.

1|1
    0|0
  • I wouldn't care one way or the other, but my exes were cheating cunts... If I had a decent ex, I suppose I'd be happy.

0|1
    0|0
  • I just want her to be happy. But how she is treated is one aspect, he could treat her a bit better but overall I know I'm the better man so it doesn't bother me. I take some notes on where to improve and move on

0|0
    0|0
  • No. We're ex's because we weren't happy. If she has find or have found someone who makes her happy I'm happy for her. I wish them well.

0|0
    0|0
  • Feel happy for them cause they are with someone that makes them happy. Afterall treat others how u wish to be treated

0|1
    0|0
  • I wouldn't really care great for them but that's not my concern anymore

0|1
    0|0
  • I treat people right. Treating them overly good makes them spoiled. I do not care about how they get treated. All I care about is people I love.

0|0
    0|0
  • Aha, I don't know just because I treated all my ex's like queens and did me wrong or left anyways

0|0
    0|0
  • Great for them? I really dont give a fuck bout my exs

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd try to become better, and feel a bit frustrated

0|0
    0|0
  • Unless they were a complete asshole, I'd feel happy for them.

0|0
    0|0
  • i would feel happy for her... because i said i want nothing but seing her happy

0|0
    0|0
  • Learn to step my game up for the next relationship

1|1
    0|0
  • I couldn’t care less

0|0
    0|0
  • Id feel happy that they are at least happy.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd feel good to know them happy.

0|0
    0|0
  • I doubt anyones treating her better than I did

1|0
    0|0
  • Good for them

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't care about how my ex is treated

0|0
    0|0
  • I honestly wouldn't give a damn

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 12

• It happens. Your ex is still a person and deserves to be happy. If they found someone who treats them well, then that's good for them. You shouldn't still be thinking about it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would be happy for him, if I can't be the reason for his happiness back then... There's no love lost for break ups means a new beginning for someone deserving.

0|0
    0|0
  • I often wondered how my exes coped with that ;-). I'm honestly a very nurturing, and giving partner, so I've never dealt with those kind of feelings.

1|0
    0|0
  • I usually don't care because I'm a good person so if I treat you like shit, you deserved it or if you really think your deserved better then good for you, why shouldn't I be happy for your happiness.

1|0
    0|0
  • They would my ex for a reason, the relationship ended and we moved on. Why dwell on what they are doing with their new partner? Seems like a wasted time and energy.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would be happy for them. I tend to hope for the best with my ex's. We parted ways for a reason. Hopefully we can all find that happiness.

0|0
    0|0
  • Happy. Because i couldnt make them happy and they deserve to be happy

0|0
    0|1
  • I guess that is why you broke up in the first place because you two were not happy. Maybe they won't be happy later and the same will happen to them

0|0
    0|0
  • Id feel bad for his new girlfriend

0|0
    0|0
  • Who cares move on

0|0
    0|0
  • Treat your own self better show him what he lost

0|0
    1|0
  • Not to brag... but, I treated all of my exes very well. If they find someone who treats them better, I’d be surprised (and feel bad for that person... my exes were terrible!)

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes