How would you feel seeing an ex being treated better than how you treated them?

If you can admit that you weren't the greatest partner to them, how would you feel to see them with someone better now?

1431

Most Helpful Guys

• Happy. If you really love someone, you would wish to see them having all the happiness they could ever want in their life - even if it means that they're not with you. To hang on to someone but offer them a life they're not happy with is selfishness. No one deserves that - not you, not them.

• The new partner will always be better than the old partner, especially while the relationship is fresh. An ex will even make sure she tells you that just to try and make you feel bad. I don't worry about it. I did everything I possibly could for my ex. I worked up to 60 hours a week, bought her house and car which she won with our divorce and she cheated on me several times... and you know what? I am still seen as the bad guy and bad ex-husband. Bottom line is you can only do your best and if that is not good enough it is their problem. So to answer your question, I don't even think about it.

Most Helpful Girls

• I think I treat my boyfriend well now, so I'd imagine if in the future what I feel would be jealousy because I put my effort in now and I just chalk it up to things didn't work out. If I didn't treat him well, I would feel a weird mix I think. Probably jealously, regret, and embarassment.

• Honestly, that's all I wanted for them. I could never give him a real relationship or the kind he wanted. He deserves that after what we've been through