How do you comfort someone who was cheated on?

1|2

Most Helpful Guys

• Be there for that person, skip all the trash talk about the other one or victimnasing of any kind.
    Make time for that person.
    Do thing's with that person, invite that person to join you to do what ever.
    But do that person need to be alone let that person have it's time for themselves, some needs this to move on. but keep an eye on that person so that person doesn't get stuck in some bad loop of self destructive behavior like a normal state of being.

Listen to what that person has to say and try to understand what that person are trying to communicate. don't try to fix what ever that person are coming with, that person only needs support of someone that cares and are present in the present time.

1|0
    0|0
  • I really like the saying

“I pity the one who cheated on me, bcs I lost someone who didn’t love me. She on the other hand lost someone who loved her”

4|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Betrayal is one of the most painful experiences to go through. A sympathetic ear and comforting hugs are the best remedies for a broken heart.

People who are hurting inside after a betrayal tend to want to talk non-stop and relive their experience by repeating the same things over and over. And that's good for them. They have many questions and constantly ask
    " why"So being patient and genuinely listening every time they want to vent will be valued.

You can't take away their pain, but you can ease it by just being there for them to talk to whenever they need you... day and night if need be

1|0
    0|0
  • You give them comfort in any of its forms when they are sad and depressed, and let them vent and talk to you about it. Let them speak, mirror their vocabulary, don't force any of you opinions that they didn't already have about him (and don't let them blame themselves, remind them of things that will help them remember that it's not their fault).
    If they are in the angry phase, listen to them too and support their anger by agreeing with them but don't add to their anger. Just be like "are you serious?" "Wth!" "I can't believe it!" Stuff like that because sometimes they get upset or guilty of you turn on them too. Let them have the anger all to themselves, they deserve it and should have the spotlight.

Hopefully they will feel better and ask them what they need or would like you to do for them... everyone deals with things differently, and so it's important to ask them what they need, and it may even change from day to day.
    Hope she feels better, it's frustrating to see a friend go through that :(

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 30

• Sit them in a really comfortable chair in front of a roaring open fireplace and give them a cup of tea and some cookies or scones with cream and jam. Then play them a really awesome movie or TV show.

It if it's summer, sit them in a really comfortable pool chair and make them a refreshing, cold Mango smoothie with ice and let them drift away

0|0
    0|0
  • You have may get many suggestions what to do.. But
    1. Anger doest not give the right answer
    2. You should not regret afterwords

So now whats left is your answer🙂

1|0
    0|0
  • Being there The cheated never felt so alone and betrayed.

1|2
    0|0
  • Just talk with them, let them vent, let them cry on you, and make it clear that you care for them and are there for them.

1|0
    0|0
  • Dont say you know howvthey feel. But let them know you are there gor them ti listen and help move forward

1|1
    0|0
  • well if my friend got cheated on i first tell him "what a dumb" well his fault that caused his girl cheating... but still i cheer him , a bottle of beer would always make things better especially when your brains are stopped for a while

0|0
    0|0
  • Show them how they deserve better, they've lost nothing, the cheater lost the best catch they had

1|1
    0|0
  • Tell them that they didn't deserve that and that they can find someone better

1|1
    0|0
  • It's best to have red handed evidence cause a girl will take her secret to the grave.. from experience

0|0
    0|0
  • May be by showing how much you care, and how important place he/she hold in you life.

0|0
    0|0
    • Show it but never press on it too much, its most easy when u make them listen to normal songs than depressing songs, and make them not follow depressing pages and like have fun with them? It always works that way

• Yes, that's what I meant, but did not elaborate as you did buddy!!

• Try to comfort them with your own experiences and show them that you care

0|0
    0|0
  • I dont. cuz they probably were the real cheaters.

0|0
    0|0
  • tell them they deserve better...

1|1
    0|0
  • Ice cream & going out to drink with friends

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends if it’s a guy or girl

0|0
    0|0
  • Offering them the severed head of the cheater.

0|0
    0|0
  • A sholder to cry on a dick to ride on 😂😂🤣

0|0
    0|0
  • Gin and tonic

0|1
    0|0
  • Get them laid

0|1
    0|0
  • I offer to help kill the cheater

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 12

• There is no sure way to do this in my opinion and it also depend on the person who is hurt. I would recommend these few options 1) take them to paint ball, or golf, or even a boxing class and let them get angry and get the physical satisfaction of pain out in a healthy way. 2) chocolates, pizza and wine and just watch non romantic movies - no talking just be there 3) mini road trip or big road trip, what you can afford - good music, good snacks and good vibes. 4) amusement park for a day of carefree fun. 5) a night out salsa or tango dancing, something fun where you can put your emotions into a healthy physical expression.

The thing about being cheated on, it isn't just having your heartbroken or betrayal of trust, its also a blow to your ego. The point of comforting someone who has gone through this isn't to say "he or she is an ass and didn't deserve you etc." But to remind the person they are able to have a life and love for themselves and their life without the person that hurt them.

1|0
    0|0
  • Be with her, let her pamper herself, if she dnt wanna go out, watch a movie with her in her room, so some girl talk, get some makeOver and dnt restrain hee from crying or letting it all out its part of her process... But dnt let her look back either. Make her realize who she is and the best revenge to begin with is letting herself be happy with the thought that be a toxic in her life has been terminated. Be courageous for her

1|0
    0|0
  • Just hang out with them I guess, maybe order in some food and watch a movie or something. You don't have to try and do something crazy for them I don't think, just hang out and listen to them if they wanna talk about anything and tell them how great they are

0|0
    0|0
  • From personal experience, someone who was cheated on will have a hard time moving on whatever happens, even with all the support. But of course it will help her get through the day. The night, when she's all alone is the hardest. Just listen to her when she vents out her feelings. Tell her she deserves better, and someone out there will deserve the love she can give. Make her go out and distract her so she won't keep on thinking about what happened. At the end of the day, you as a friend can only do so much. But for sure, once she's feeling better, she will appreciate you being there for her.

1|1
    0|0
  • From personal experience... just being there helps... don’t go overboard and try to take them out they’ll go out when they’re ready

1|0
    0|0
  • Take care of the person and show the other beautiful aspects of life.

0|0
    0|0
  • Keep them distracted. Also keep everything positive.

0|0
    0|0
  • Be there for them and give them time

1|0
    0|0
  • will hurt a lot and won't believe them anymore

0|0
    0|0
  • just ask them

0|1
    0|0
  • Step over