Is it the right desicion for me to walk away?

I dated a guy for several months, things went well and we agreed to be exclusive. However it bothers me that he always introduces me as his friend. I finally asked him , he said he can't have a long term relationship and talked a lot about his reasoning , including 'he is going to graduate in a year', 'why put a label if we are already exclusive','want independancy', etc
So I responded ' it looks like we are doomed and it has to end at some point , why don't we end it now than later?'. He agreed and said he is also scared of spending too much time with me and get hurt later but he still wants to be friend.
I was upset and said no , now its 2 weeks we didn't talk at all , I thought about it and maybe if I tried hard to convince him it might be a different result. Did I make the right desicion?

24

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't second guess yourself. You had right reason. He had his own. If he can't see you as a potential long term partner soon after you go exclusive then what was he thinking about where your relation was going.

You did nothing wrong.

Most Helpful Girl

• You did make the right decision! SO many times, people try and cling on to something in the hope that it will improve. Invariably, it just gets worse.

Give it a few days, then when you feel like it, look for a new and better guy!