Should I have broken up with him?

My boyfriend has never cheated on me in the 6 years together that i know of, but i was curious what he would do in a certain situation. So I texted him from another phone number pretending to be a girl he knew from high school. I started texting dirty to him to see if he would back. He did. It turned into sexting but no nudes. I then went to his place and told him this girl (who was really me) texted me all of his sexts he sent her. He immediately apologized and said he felt like shit for doing it. He still does not know it was really me and I broke up with him bc I'm really upset that he would actually sext another girl. I consider it cheating. Am i wrong for breaking up with him since it was really me all along?

45

Most Helpful Guy

• You’re a f*cked up girlfriend!!! I know what he did was wrong but he’ll if someone girl I had the hots for did that to me I might be tempted as well. He deserves someone better than you. He’s a male, that’s like dangling a steak in front of a dog and not expecting him to eat it. No I don’t think it’s cheating, it’s wrong but not cheating.

Most Helpful Girl

• You're wrong for doing it in the first place, it's obvious after 6 years together you still don't trust him.
    You set him up to fail, yes he should never have continued the conversation, but you are just as guilty as him. He was naive enough to go along with it being some girl from wherever, he didn't ask her name or any other questions he just enjoyed the conversation you started.
    Take a look at why you needed to do that, I would think after 6 years all that childish nonsense should be a thing of the past.