Should I have broken up with him?

My boyfriend has never cheated on me in the 6 years together that i know of, but i was curious what he would do in a certain situation. So I texted him from another phone number pretending to be a girl he knew from high school. I started texting dirty to him to see if he would back. He did. It turned into sexting but no nudes. I then went to his place and told him this girl (who was really me) texted me all of his sexts he sent her. He immediately apologized and said he felt like shit for doing it. He still does not know it was really me and I broke up with him bc I'm really upset that he would actually sext another girl. I consider it cheating. Am i wrong for breaking up with him since it was really me all along?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You’re a f*cked up girlfriend!!! I know what he did was wrong but he’ll if someone girl I had the hots for did that to me I might be tempted as well. He deserves someone better than you. He’s a male, that’s like dangling a steak in front of a dog and not expecting him to eat it. No I don’t think it’s cheating, it’s wrong but not cheating.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• You're wrong for doing it in the first place, it's obvious after 6 years together you still don't trust him.
    You set him up to fail, yes he should never have continued the conversation, but you are just as guilty as him. He was naive enough to go along with it being some girl from wherever, he didn't ask her name or any other questions he just enjoyed the conversation you started.
    Take a look at why you needed to do that, I would think after 6 years all that childish nonsense should be a thing of the past.

3|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• For God sake, there is far too much of this bullshit in the world.

Has he stuck his dick in another girl? If not he hasn't cheated.

Stop trying to catch the poor sod out and spend your time showing him you love him, cook him and meal, take him out, anything to make home feel special and stop laying traps for him

1|0
    3|1
  • No your not wtong. If he apologized for it then he wasn't aware it was you. My last relationship did the same thing so I would always message back with a small phrase that I would latter say to my girl. Kinda like a hint hint but unfortunately I she never got it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't approve of your methods but cheating is cheating

0|0
    0|0
  • You're retarded. You deserve to be single

0|0
    1|0

What Girls Said 3

• You were wrong to do that to him, but he was wrong to respond in that way. He deserves to be dumped. Just think of it this way, if it wasn't you and actually was some other woman, would he have told you? Sexting is cheating. Period.

1|0
    0|0
  • 6 years and you are still pulling this shit? Age 36-45 and you still pulling this shit? Grow the hell up woman and way to through 6 years down the drain for some teenage bullshit (teenage because teenagers act like you did, not adults)

0|0
    0|0
  • Na. I'd consider it cheating too.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes