My wife had another affair?

We have been married 32 years. She had a one day fling 25 years ago with a guy at work. Now she travels a lot. This time she met a guy on one of her trips and when ever she goes there she sleeps with him. She also texted him constantly. After seven months into the affair she tells me she wants a divorce. Now she has called it off and wants to work it out. I love her, but I don't know if I can take her back this time. What do you think?

611

Most Helpful Girl

• Firstly, her fling from 25 years ago shouldn't be the issue. You were both young. You built a relationship despite that.

This time though, an affair that lasted 7 months? No way she could ever have thought it was even remotely ok. Sleeping with someone once and admitting it, I might be able to forgive. But an extended affair, sneaking and hiding and lying for months and months? No way.

Most Helpful Guys

• There seems to be information missing. Wonder why she called it off if it seemed to be going alright with the other guy? Did she come back to you for financial security? Why did she feel the need to have an affair in the first place?
    Oh well, who knows, only you can decide whether to continue the relationship. Don't just end it because of your ego, you have to think about whether she genuinely wants to rebuild the relationship, or if she is staying for other reasons.

• Fool me once, shame on you
    Fool me twice, shame on me.
    I don't have much to say about it except that divorces are expensive. If you want to go through with it. Start selling all of your stuff to a trusted friend. Cars, boats, tools, etc. Even though she was the one who did the deeds, the magistrates usually look in favor of the female. If you want to continue with your marriage, then some couples counseling may be in order. It sounds like she got dumped by the other man and is keeping you just as a matter of convienience. I wish you well.