My wife had another affair?

We have been married 32 years. She had a one day fling 25 years ago with a guy at work. Now she travels a lot. This time she met a guy on one of her trips and when ever she goes there she sleeps with him. She also texted him constantly. After seven months into the affair she tells me she wants a divorce. Now she has called it off and wants to work it out. I love her, but I don't know if I can take her back this time. What do you think?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Firstly, her fling from 25 years ago shouldn't be the issue. You were both young. You built a relationship despite that.

This time though, an affair that lasted 7 months? No way she could ever have thought it was even remotely ok. Sleeping with someone once and admitting it, I might be able to forgive. But an extended affair, sneaking and hiding and lying for months and months? No way.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• There seems to be information missing. Wonder why she called it off if it seemed to be going alright with the other guy? Did she come back to you for financial security? Why did she feel the need to have an affair in the first place?
    Oh well, who knows, only you can decide whether to continue the relationship. Don't just end it because of your ego, you have to think about whether she genuinely wants to rebuild the relationship, or if she is staying for other reasons.

0|0
    0|0
  • Fool me once, shame on you
    Fool me twice, shame on me.
    I don't have much to say about it except that divorces are expensive. If you want to go through with it. Start selling all of your stuff to a trusted friend. Cars, boats, tools, etc. Even though she was the one who did the deeds, the magistrates usually look in favor of the female. If you want to continue with your marriage, then some couples counseling may be in order. It sounds like she got dumped by the other man and is keeping you just as a matter of convienience. I wish you well.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 5

• If you have any brains you will tell her to GTFO and go live with her lover, you can't trust her anymore. There may be more affairs. These are just the ones you know about. I'm sure the only reason she called it off is because she probably texted her lover and said she could be with him now and he told her she was just a fuck buddy and he wasn't interested.

0|0
    0|0
  • That, my guy, is some hardcore manipulation. If she loved you, why would she stay with another than for seven months, that's some complete bullshit. Sit her down and make her talk to you about why she did everything she did, otherwise, she's already too far out of reach

0|0
    0|0
  • Wtf? She can’t toy with you! Move on! Unless you’re hiding details this sounds unfair! Any kids? Financial issues halting the divorce?

0|0
    0|0
  • Good then divorce is the only answer. After that move on with another n please don't try to think future of it child coz both of u never did.

0|0
    0|0
  • Your heart knows the answer... ditch or pitch

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 9

• End it with that hoe BUT not suddenly. You gotta make her suck your dick and when she swallows be like "Damn you got every drop" and she'll be like yeah then be like "every drop of our future together, fuck otta here you whore"

0|1
    0|0
  • What made her change her mind? There's got to be more to it than that, something she's probably not saying or telling you. Clearly after that I would lose all trust in the relationship...

0|1
    0|0
    • And us guys are the scumbags right

• Show All
    • Women r the most nasty creature on the earth u ask me a hell of wors then men we do at least have some morals

• That's so true and profound, tell me more

• She didn't learn her lesson the first time and has no respect for you or your marriage. Fool me once, shame on you- fool me twice, shame on me goes the saying. I'd break up with her ASAP.

0|0
    0|0
  • if you don't mind your wife being treated like a plastic fuck doll and it's her idea then take her back but if you do mind it then you got to cut her loose you say say dueces

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell her you're done being treated like shit and move on.

0|0
    0|0
  • You're an idiot. I would have divorced that cunt the first time.

0|0
    0|0
  • Stop being a cuck and get yourself another pussy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sorry, guy. That’s heartbreaking.

On some level, I probably wouldn’t stop loving her, either. But I would need someone who’s enthusiastic about us being together.

0|0
    0|0
    • Sorry if you didn't want my opinion you shouldn't have put it out there on post

• Buddy u better run ur better off I'm not going to call her out anymore I seen what I needed to

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes