Are any of your Exes justified in hating you?

Everyone goes through a bad break-up (or ten) at some point in their life. Hopefully most of us will part ways realizing, eventually, that both parties share the blame for the end of the relationship. Wishful thinking sometimes but there are some break-ups that I've been through that are entirely my fault. At least three by my count. Ego prevented me from owning up to it then but time has a way mellowing ego and if they asked me now I would freely admit it was my fault. But they refuse to talk to me anymore so I'll just let sleeping dogs lie. I can say, in the meantime, that those three women are right in hating me.

Makes me wonder though how many of you can own up to ruining a relationship?
  • Yes
  • Maybe
  • No
    Vote C
  • Don't care.
    Vote D
  • Results
    Vote E

1025

Most Helpful Girl

• Hate is a ver powerful word. Its an even stronger emotion. My ex flirted with other woman, compared me to them, said and did horrible things to my family, cheated, and wiped my bank account. And I honestly can say I dont hate him. I said I did many times, but I dont. I loved him even after for quite a while. No matter what I loved him at one time, and promised never to betray him or purposefully hurt him. That was a serious promise to me and I keep promises. I cannot say how I would feel if he had done worse. A friend of mines ex beat her, her children, and set her familys vacation home on fire. She hates him, and I cannot say I blame her. He almost killed her. I think whether you hate them depends on what they've done to u and the level of damage they did to u.

Most Helpful Guys

• If any of my exes are angry with me at the moment, I don’t know. I was a great boyfriend, but didn’t just take constant crap, so if they are angry, that’s their issue. I wasn’t the cause, of the issues, so I don’t really care.

Overall, if I believe I was the cause of some break up, like I was a jerk or something, I’d admit it and try to work on it. But I know I’m a great boyfriend.

• Hate may be a strong term, but I was quite an asshole in my youth. I think most people are, but I learned that that doesn't excuse the smurfed up things I did. I was highly dysfunctional for so long that by the time I wasn't, and had paid my dues, I couldn't take any more psycho bitches or judgments from possibly decent women. So I've chosen the single life. This way, I don't do any damage, and I don't incur any damage either.