Are any of your Exes justified in hating you?

Are any of your Exes justified in hating you?
Everyone goes through a bad break-up (or ten) at some point in their life. Hopefully most of us will part ways realizing, eventually, that both parties share the blame for the end of the relationship. Wishful thinking sometimes but there are some break-ups that I've been through that are entirely my fault. At least three by my count. Ego prevented me from owning up to it then but time has a way mellowing ego and if they asked me now I would freely admit it was my fault. But they refuse to talk to me anymore so I'll just let sleeping dogs lie. I can say, in the meantime, that those three women are right in hating me.

Makes me wonder though how many of you can own up to ruining a relationship?
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • Maybe
    Vote B
  • No
    Vote C
  • Don't care.
    Vote D
  • Results
    Vote E
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• Hate is a ver powerful word. Its an even stronger emotion. My ex flirted with other woman, compared me to them, said and did horrible things to my family, cheated, and wiped my bank account. And I honestly can say I dont hate him. I said I did many times, but I dont. I loved him even after for quite a while. No matter what I loved him at one time, and promised never to betray him or purposefully hurt him. That was a serious promise to me and I keep promises. I cannot say how I would feel if he had done worse. A friend of mines ex beat her, her children, and set her familys vacation home on fire. She hates him, and I cannot say I blame her. He almost killed her. I think whether you hate them depends on what they've done to u and the level of damage they did to u.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• If any of my exes are angry with me at the moment, I don’t know. I was a great boyfriend, but didn’t just take constant crap, so if they are angry, that’s their issue. I wasn’t the cause, of the issues, so I don’t really care.

Overall, if I believe I was the cause of some break up, like I was a jerk or something, I’d admit it and try to work on it. But I know I’m a great boyfriend.

0|1
    0|0
  • Hate may be a strong term, but I was quite an asshole in my youth. I think most people are, but I learned that that doesn't excuse the smurfed up things I did. I was highly dysfunctional for so long that by the time I wasn't, and had paid my dues, I couldn't take any more psycho bitches or judgments from possibly decent women. So I've chosen the single life. This way, I don't do any damage, and I don't incur any damage either.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 9

• Funnily enough, the one who has the most justification to hate me doesn't. He still loves me even though I made his life miserable and was incredibly toxic and abusive towards him.

0|1
    0|0
    • That's the one you let slip away fool

• @Charlotte_May Oh no, he drove me crazy. He was one of those that likes other women too much, always had a gaggle of girlfriends that he talked to and was secretive about. It made me very insecure and that insecurity led me to be controlling. Which is very much not who I am or want to be. After the break up, the hard feelings faded, and we are what we always should have been: two people who are much better friends than partners. He gets his girlfriends, I get a best friend, without the burden that expectations can put on a relationship lol

• that's some serious heavy duty shit yo

• When I found out my ex cheated on me he accused me of cheating and threatened to burn me alive while I slept... 😂 I think that might have been a little uncalled for.

0|1
    0|0
  • One yes, I had severe Postpartum depression with both kids. I was really detached from the relationship. The other 2 no, I loved them to high heaven and wasn’t enough.

0|1
    0|0
  • Possibly, I only say that because he was upset that he couldn't control me or that he couldn't prove that I would cheat on my boyfriend, he's also upset for the fact that I moved on.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't think any of my exes hate me tbh. Or at least I don't know about it.

0|1
    0|0
  • To an extent. I did technically fuck my last ex over but I wasn't ready to sacrifice my life if he wouldn't sacrifice his.

0|1
    0|0
  • Absolutely

0|1
    0|0
  • I don’t got exes

0|1
    0|0
  • Honestly, no.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 23

• No, none of my exes hate me. I'm still friends with most of them, few of them we just mutually ended things and moved on and my previous ex is most probably still in love with me because our relationship ended because of something that was out of our hands but probably a teeny bit her fault. But none of them hate me and I don't hate any of them.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think there is definite maybe and a couple could be maybes - I did the right thing for myself maybe for both of us by ending relationships but I didn't explain myself very well or clearly if that makes sense.

0|1
    0|0
  • This was kinda on purpose but I was in a toxic relationship so when I was on a date at the movies and I saw one of my friends that is a girl I told her about it and that I wasn't sure if I had the guts to break it off so then she yelled my gfs name to get her attention and then she started playfully making out with me my girlfriend broke up with me on the spot. It was pretty great but now I'm band from the moives soooooo

0|1
    0|0
  • Well one of mine might be hating me because of the revenge I took that hurt really bad but I warned her that if I'll get betrayed I turn into a mad dog. However she doesn't hate as I found out some time later when I spook to her. She's still a bitch though.

0|1
    0|0
  • Probably going on a tangent but I don't think hate is ever justified. Don't get me wrong though. I think killing is sometimes justifiable. I just don't think it's worth the nuisance and stress to bother with hating that person.

0|0
    0|0
    • Like you might shoot them in the head because they're really annoying or pose a genuine threat to you or your loved ones if they continue to live. But that's killing them to improve your life, not killing them because you hate them. To hate is really stressful. I don't think it's ever worth bothering with hating people.

• I dont think so. But its all subjective, i would have made mistakes. I dont frankly care. They were part of my life, they're not now, i've moved on from it.

0|1
    0|0
  • I never did anything wrong. It was they that took advantage of my trust, lied to me, and cheated on me...

1|1
    0|0
  • Before I left each duty station I was at, I did an apology tour. It was their choice to believe me or not.

0|1
    0|0
  • No, haven't had any bad breakups and I treat my girlfriends well, so, no.

0|1
    0|0
  • Don't care too much what they think but when they spread their hate to other people and social media they have crossed the line.

0|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

Recommended myTakes