Is there a penalty if women cheat in marriage?

I recently have been hooking up with a married woman recently, It's clear that she wants to keep this overly discrete. But why?

It seems that if a women cheats on her husband, the worst that can happen is that her net worth doubles and she keeps her kids. Is there any reason why a woman cares if she gets caught?

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• The word is spelled discreet.

And women face the same negative consequences that men face. Everything from nothing bad really happening all the way to getting divorced, and sometimes it even results in the woman getting beaten or killed.

Divorce also does not do what you think it does.

0|1
    0|3
    • I’m fairly young so I’m not going to assume I know more than you about this, but “same negative consequences as men” sounds utterly ludicrous to me.

You will always hear men that complain/never want to get married. Whereas almost every woman wants to get married haha. Surely you’ve heard the horror stories for divorced husbands?

• Show All
    • I call bullshit.
      Cite your sources.

• @Chaz269
      Was this directed at me? A google search will get you pages and pages of articles, the only thing that she mentioned was domestic disturbance and murder which men have to answer for anyway?

Most Helpful Guy

• Your assumptions about the usual consequences are grossly flawed.

2|0
    0|1
    • what do you mean? I’m not assuming anything, just look everything that happens to a cheating husband and you will see that won’t happen ever to a woman.

• Show All
    • I practice law in Florida and this answer is based on the law in Florida.

The answer depends on the issue. If child custody and visitation are at issue, the infidelity of a party is relevant to their fitness too be a parent. Can they be a good role model for their children? Will they take the time to devote to the children instead of their paramour? Have they flaunted the infidelity in front of the children?

If children are not an issue, then the other issues are 1) division of assets and liabilities, and 2) alimony. In general, what you owned before the marriage remains yours after the marriage, unless you have added your spouse to the title. What you acquired during the marriage is divided evenly, unless one spouse has intentionally dissipated assets or used assets to finance their infidelity.

MORE

• Alimony is awarded based on the length of the marriage, the age and health of the parties, their earning capacities. Permanent alimony is generally not awarded unless the parties have been married for at least 17+ years. If they are close in earning potential, alimony is not awarded. Unfortunately - and I disagree with this aspect of the law - a spouse's infidelity does not prevent them from receiving alimony. However, you should also be aware that there are cases where the wife earns more than the husband and she ends up paying alimony to her ex husband.

I am not suggesting that divorce laws are perfect in Florida but they are MUCH more fair than most amateur lawyers want to believe.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 1

• I don't think she wants a divorce. You're just some fresh air.

0|0
    0|0
    • We met on Tinder... I think that illustrates how much she care about her marriage

• Then she's not keeping it a secret. She doesn't care her husband to find out... Any of their friends or family could see her there.

What Guys Said 8

• Maybe she hasn't reached the magical 10-year anniversary that guarantees her lifetime alimony in most States.

0|3
    0|0
    • I’m pretty sure you get 50% assets if you divorce the next business day hahaha. Is 10 years really worth monthly pocket change.

• Maybe because of her reputation.

or she hate her kids... wtf :D

0|1
    0|0
    • She in particular doesn't have kids, but the question was meant to be generalized to cover all cases.

• You may end up with a gun pointed at your head. No woman is worth that risk and cheaters are trash anyway.

0|1
    0|0
  • Although the state typically sides with the custodian of the children, a world of pain awaits those involved in separation and divorce.

0|0
    0|0
    • Correction: a world of pain awaits MEN involved in custody and visitation issues. Women run that shit, front to back and top to bottom.

• Its not like that. If the guy plays his cards right she will get nothing from the divorce.

0|0
    0|0
    • You are insanely ignorant.
      "Ironclad" prenuptial agreements are routinely voided in divorce court. Divorce and family courts are grossly female oriented.

• @Chaz269, @JustCallMeLeon. Why can't she just say you were abusive? She obviously won't go through with a charge, but request a settlement? (moar monayz)

• None whatsoever.

0|1
    0|0
  • depends where you live😂

0|0
    0|0
  • She don't want a bad reputation

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes