What if your soul mate breaks up with you? How do you ever get over it?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• If your soulmate has left you, then he or she is probably not your soulmate. Only in the most extreme cases do people sacrifice their soulmate relationship for some higher purpose. If they are free to be with you, but they are not, then you have to let it go. They were never your soulmate in the first place.
    And if that is not the case then take some time out to realize and understand your situation , and figure out whether or not you should be involved in even thinking about it.
    Because sometimes you should not knock the doors not because of pride, incapacity arrogance but because they won't lead you anywhere!.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, I'll be honest with you.
    You will never fully get over it, you will eventually feel better, and move on as people say, but you will never be able to forget that person or what they meant to you. But in a way that's a good thing, it shows you really cared for them, you had honest feelings and were sincerely invested in them, the fact that it hurts just shows that you're a genuinely good and caring person, and you will find someone who will appreciate you for that and make you happy, trust me, I'm in the same boat right now

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• U dont. It's ur soulmate. Honestly if they leave u doubt they are breaking up with u soulmates are too deep of a connection to break up.

1|0
    0|0
  • Soulmates is a silly concept. You're not a static person waiting unchangingly for somebody to complete you. People are dynamic. The person you love at 17 isn't likely to be the one you love at 27 (unless you're very lucky or very foolish). There's no one person meant for somebody. There are a range of people who can complement you and enrich your life.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 41

• 1st stage: cry. Cry a lot. (This can take anywhere from 1 day to 2-3 weeks). When you're done crying move to stage 2.
    2nd stage: find someone to fill that void. Chances are you spent a lot of time with that person (either physically or chatting). Hang out with your friends, reply to some of those dudes you've left on read in your dm box, do anything to occupy your mind (like a hobby). Think like this: if your brain can't stop for a second then you have no seconds to think about your ex.
    3rd stage: (can take anywhere from 1 month to a full year to get here) you've now ultimately surpassed your soul mate. If you really want to a good test is to try and talk to them again. If you're able to do this without any second thoughts or sadness coming to your mind, YOU ARE CURED!

Helpful tips: - might help breaking any kind of contact with them. Block them on every social media, don't hang out with the same group as him. Tell all your friends you don't wanna hear any gossip regarding him. Just make him disappear of your life.
    - if you feel that need of having physical touch (cuddles, kisses, sex, etc) you might want to find someone to be friends with benefits. Just make sure they know what they're getting themselves into. Don't be a dick by using someone else to get over your ex.

Good luck!

1|0
    1|0
  • You cry, exercise, rage, find someone who understands you, then you finally let go. Takes much longer first few times but you get efficient at it.

1|0
    0|0
    • Thank you, so I'm not the only one. Also good to know it gets better.

• No you are not the only one. And its gonna be ok. It may not feel it like now but it will.

• If they broke up with you, they werent your soulmate.

You go to the gym and work it out and feel better about yourself for trying to improve and realize that you give it your all and one day they will think back on it and regret not taking the world when they had the chance.

2|0
    0|0
  • If their path in life goes a different direction from yours, you must have the love and respect to let them go. No matter how much it hurts. You do this because it is the right thing to do. It is a form of tough love, mind you. Doing what is best and what is right is never easy. Take from an old guy who has lived it. I came out the other side alive. Trust me when I say it never stops hurting.

0|0
    0|0
  • If that happened, then the person isn't your soulmate. You need to realize you were wrong about them on some level and built them up wrong in your head.

0|1
    1|0
  • Never had a break up so I don't know, I would imagine I’d be devastated & would probably spend a month just hitting the gym & eating shitloads of food.

1|0
    0|0
  • I lost a girl who certainly could have been my soul mate... I don't think I will ever really recover. There is something traumatic about losing someone by finding out that they were engaged through a pissed off phone call from their fiance.

0|1
    0|0
    • You're a miserable cuck!

• Just kidding... but you're still so stupid that you didn't realize she had a fucking... a fucking FIANCE...

• Lol obviously you don't have much experience with women. When a woman doesn't want you to know something, she'll make sure that you are the last to know. They are incredibly good liars. I also wasn't looking for her to be taken, because I figured that having a fiance is something you would mention sooner than later.

• Yeah it is very difficult. But you need to understand that you were not made for each other. If you were then you will not face breakups.
    You will feel that void in your life. If you are strong mentally then you will get over it with time. Otherwise you will need someone new in your life to get over it

0|0
    0|0
  • It's the toughest thing but life isn't meant to be easy I guess. I am learning to be very positive in life and accepts all the struggles life has to offer.

1|0
    0|0
  • You don't ever get over it. Eventually, you might get past it, but never over it. That wound can never heal completely. There will always be scarring.

1|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 9

• Must not have been your soul mate then. I think to be a soul mate you both have to feel the same.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends if you actually know the real meaning of a soul mate, but most soul relations aren't many to last forever. If they come back they come back.

0|0
    0|0
  • Kill him, i really mean it. Even if i have to go to jail.

0|0
    1|0
  • I don’t know about you but a shouldn’t a soul mate last forever. If your talking about a boy you met than that is not a soul mate

0|0
    0|0
  • If you broke up then they weren't your soul mate, just a passing ship

0|1
    0|0
  • Very sad and do get over it eat ice-cream and and talk to the girls about what he did bad to u

0|0
    0|1
  • Welk then they weren't your soul mate

0|0
    0|0
  • I hope I don't ever find out.

0|0
    0|0
  • Turn to God.

0|2
    0|0

Recommended myTakes