Why do men move on so quickly?

My ex and I have been broken up for 2 years and within 3 months he got a new girlfriend despite the fact that towards the end of our relationship he seemed distraught about us breaking up. I don't understand how a person can claim to love you and then happily move on in a few months. I still haven't found some one and it's been 2 YEARS

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• It's because they never loved you in the first place. Most people do not know what love is, and mistake a 'false' form of it, for the 'real' form. Most people do not live through their true self, they live through the false self. This is the result.

His new girlfriend is just a placement holder, and he will go through the same motions as he did with you, then in 1-2 years one or the other will break up, rinse, and repeat.

If you want to find someone, you must first find yourself. Your boyfriend has not found someone, this is what he doesn't realize, and neither does she.

0|1
    0|1
  • I don’t think every guy gets over their ex as quickly as you think. I’m still trying to get over my 4 year relationship that ended and it’s been almost three weeks. I don’t think it’ll be anytime soon that I completely get over her.

I think the best thing for you to do is to just concentrate on yourself and forget about what the other person does since the break up. Focus on YOUR happiness, not their own. Time heals all wound , but no one said there was set amount of time it should take you to move on.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 11

• women are picky and initiate most of the breakups. Women are picky as to their relationships and "shop" for the right guy for a long time. Part of this is because women can get laid at will while men have to work hard to get some (choice vs. chore). If he initiated the breakup however then he was ready to move on.

0|1
    0|0
  • First of all, not all men do move on quickly. In fact, it's much more likely that a woman moves on before a man. He may rebound first, but it rarely results in a lasting relationship. Part of your problem is you're still paying him mind. Why? You're not together anymore. You need not know anything about him, least of all who he's with, why and for how long. More likely than not, you haven't found someone because you're obviously still hung up on your ex. Get over it, and move on.

0|2
    0|0
  • Most don't. Most guys I know who have had a bad break-up haven't moved on at all or they have moved on but I have quit the dating game completely. It is a myth men move on quicker than women. Most women already have another guy waiting when they break-up with someone which is one of the big reasons for the split in the first place. Women love opportunistically.

0|2
    0|0
  • Because the nature of how men persue relationships makes them cold and detached. If you get told 400 times that they're not into you then rejection is an easy hurdle to clear.

0|2
    0|0
  • It would depend on who broke the relationship first.

1|1
    0|0
    • It's complicated but I would say it was mutual because we had talked about it for a while.

• I think you don't understand how you moved on so slowly. 3 months is not that fast to be honest. I'm not going to say you should be happy for him, but at least don't compare yourself to him

0|0
    0|0
  • 3 months is pretty long to be fair

0|2
    0|0
    • It was actually a month I just found out 3 months later when I saw his social media.

• not me

0|0
    0|0
  • It's called a penis

0|0
    0|0
  • We don't heal we just jump back in. Women generally take time to heal before even wanting a relationship again.

1|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

Recommended myTakes