How do you get over an ex?

2479

Most Helpful Guys

• Getting over someone you liked or loved is a very different process for everyone, but there are things that can help everyone get over someone else. Don't drink and sleep around for a while if it is recent. While that will feel good in the moment, you will wake up the next morning feeling worse than you did before. Don't seek comfort in cheap thrills. Alternatively, you could end up feeling even more depressed when you're intoxicated, either way, alcohol and sex are not the solutions to your problem. Make sure that you block them as well. After you break up, your ex-whatever signifies everything that you are leaving behind, and you cannot leave them behind if you are still seeing them everywhere, and what they are doing without you. If you're on good terms then you could only do this for a while, but make sure you're ready to see their faces again once you do, but if not them keep them out of your hair forever. Furthermore, if you're leaving them behind, you are also leaving behind a version of yourself in that relationship. Change can be a good thing after you break up with someone, so perhaps a change of style or a new fitness regime is a good way to express a different version of yourself without a partner. Finally, get out there and do interesting things, fill up your time. People say that time flies when you're having fun and that really is very true. The more time you spend doing nothing by yourself, the more time you are alone with your thoughts and can potentially sink. Surround yourself with company and fun activities, so that your focus is always placed elsewhere from the past.

• Cut them out of your life until such time as you heal. Don't chase them, don't watch them from afar. Don't spend your time wearing rose tinted spectacles, imagining that everything was perfect and can't be replaced. It wasn't perfect because you broke up and it can indeed be replaced. Nobody is that amazing that there is nobody equivalent or better out there.

Expect that it will suck, expect that you will feel shitty at times. Those things are normal. Don't feel like you need to run from those feelings. They are part of the process. You are healing for every moment of pain you go through.

Be patient, keep busy, don't waste more than a week or two listening to sad songs and moping. Drag yourself up and out and get on with life.

Most Helpful Girls

• It depends if you really loved someone. If you do then you never really get over them. You will always think about them but as time go by less and less. We have accepted the relationship is over and accepted the person is no longer in your life. If you’re in a new relationship with someone you look it makes it easier but you’ll still think of that person from time to time. Getting over your ex is one accepting their no longer an item and is fine with it.
    How? First accept that it’s over. Second move on with your life. The problem most people have is the idea they can win them back. Or not understanding that someone can still love you but things that happen has changed the love or how they see you. Once you let go of the idea of reconciliation or sexual activities then you’ll be able to move on. Let go of the idea, stop trying because it’s over. That’s how you get over a ex in some aspect but if you truly loved them they’ll always be close to your heart.

• Spend as much time as you can with your family and friends, block your ex and have no contact with them, take up a new hobby or go to the gym to keep yourself distracted and watch a funny film to make yourself happy. Best of luck!