How did you feel after your first break up?

What did you feel like when your first relationship broke up and what did you do to get over your ex?

1437

Most Helpful Guy

• It was a horrible feeling because for a moment I felt I was empty inside without that person. after the end of that relationship, I started looking for other relationships, and it took a long time to find a good one that suits me. eventually, I realized I was looking for myself... so I decided to be single and rebuilding a new relationship with myself.
    I realized that the failure of that relationship was a perfect opportunity to get back in touch with my feelings, and pay attention to my needs as an individual instead of as a couple.
    I can't give my life more days, but I can give my days more life... that's what I learned from my first breakup... now I'm free.

Most Helpful Girl

• I never felt the usual anger and hatred for my ex. Just disappointed and sad. Especially when you give all your time, dedication, your body and just basically your everything and then they bring up breaking up and then you get pressured into breaking up with them. I failed my maths and English last year because I couldn’t concentrate. I kept crying at school, constantly being sent home be of my mental well-being. I lost so many friends. I went back to my eating disorder and lost a lot of weight which stuffed up so much including my period, my iron levels, my vitamin intake and so on. I felt alone and vulnerable. I felt like I was dying on the inside. You feel numb, tired, I constantly had headaches, feeling nauseous and just completely, utterly heart broken. This person by the way I gave nearly 4 years of my life to and I’m only 18. After our break up he went around telling people that I was crazy and just many other hurtful things. Which only made me feel even more sad and depressed.

• A year after our break up (I was then 17 and he was 23) and I thought that maybe he had done a bit of growing up on the past year BUT no. We went on some dates, given each other oral and so I thought we were getting somewhere especially since he wanted to try again and work on us. Well the next morning after he told me that, I found out that he had sex with a drunk girl who was also a virgin. Heart broken again I decided to go for therapy (I was abused a lot in the relationship but there was also a lot of love there too so I was confused and hurt)
      I still have to see my ex all the time because he’s friends with my friends and my brothers.

• You’ll feel alone. It’s natural but if you concentrate on being positive and keep telling yourself you’ll be fine, you will be. It takes time but you WILL be okay.

• Thank you so much