Should I break up with him so I can test the waters... or should I stay with the safe bet??

I've been dating this guy for like 11 months & everything's been overall really good... although he cheated on me in the very beginning of our relationship, I forgave him & we worked past it... the problem I'm having now is that I started college this fall & I'm starting to get a little tempted... this is my first really serious relationship & I'm happy but I'm starting to wonder what else is out there... I don't wanna hurt him in any way so should I break up with him or what? Thanks for any advice peeps

22

Most Helpful Girl

• I had a long distance boyfriend my first year of university and I really wish I had been single. So much is changing in your life you probably are better off leaving him. I am not saying you should break up with him, but seeing as you referred to him as your 'safe bet' it seems more like your with him so you don't have to be alone.

In the end, its up to you. Figure out what you really want and go for it. But if you break up with him... leave it at that, don't string him along.

What Guys Said 2

• If this is crossing your mind then there is a problem. Have a talk with him. Tell him that you're to young too be committed But what do you mean what else is out there? do you mean see other people and get in relationships( which will be another commitment) or you just want to go an party. Think it through, if you do feel the same way. Have that talk with him , it will set the both of you free.

• It sounds like you are one of those people always looking for greener pastures. If you love this guy you wouldn't be thinking about what else is out there. You shoulder end it now before he starts to think about getting a ring. You don't want to scar this guy for life by having him thinking about a future and then find you cheating on him.

• Thank you for your advice I mean that is exactly what I'm afraid will happen... but I really don't consider myself someone who's always looking for greener pastures... I'm 19 & I'm not ready to make that deep of a commitment... I do apreciate your honesty though & thank you for it

What Girls Said 1

• I think if you are in a happy relationship, don't ruin it. You aren't going to have many god relationships in your life. And going to college will strengthen your relationship maybe since you realize how important he is in your life. Sometimes it doesn't always work, therfore you will have a better reason to break up with him. Truthfully, you should stick with this person. You are happy and it will bring new things over time.