Chemistry with an ex?

I bumped into my ex at a bar and discovered she has just moved back into town. It was awkward not because she was with her current boyfriend but becasue it's been so long their was no reason to feel so tense.

Later that night my current girlfriend met me and we had some drinks together. Neither of us I think told our partners that we had dated and as far as they knew we were just old friends. After the initial shock we were soon laughing and teasing like old times and it felt so natural like nothing had changed. I could sense the chemistry and she was soon staring intensely into my eyes like she used to do.

Since then I haven't been able to get her out of my mind. We split because of distance and although it did not end badly I did love her and it took me a while to recover and move on but I did (or so I thought). I don't know what to do and I'm worried about running into her again. I don't want to hurt my current girlfriend by telling her any of this as nothing has happened and I'm not even sure I want it to. She broke my heart and I would be wary of getting hurt by her again but it's obvious their is still something bewteen us?

10

What Girls Said 1

• There will always be some sort of chemistry between ex's, be grateful that yours is positive.

If you loved each other, my beliefs on that is that some part of you will always love this girl, even just a tiny bit. The reason you are naturally comfortable with each other is because you and her went through a lot together, shared memories and a heart break, something that is individual and personal to you two and no one can interfere or change those memories. Although, it rarely happens that ex's can be harmonious together, take advantage of this, laugh about the old times and say all your old jokes with your ex, no harm in doing that and it's only fun and reminiscing. Exactly the same as old friends.

You have nothing to worry about, you're thinking about her a lot because seeing her again brought back a lot of memories and emotions you thought you had suppressed. You have no need to tell your girlfriend, no harm thinking about it and no harm will come to her because of it, right?

No problem at all and nothing to worry about. :)

What Guys Said 0