He's keeping tabs on me with a fake Instagram account. Why?

My ex and I had a whirlwind three month long romance. Conversation was amazing, the sex was mind blowing. We cooked together, we couldn't sleep next to each other without touching. Everything felt wonderful. This guy (who is a notorious player) put pictures of me on every social media platform and deleted all of the other girls off of his phone and social media. I chose to trust him and I fell deeply in love with him. I'm not stupid or naive and I've curved many guys for being shady. This relationship felt different - I felt like this was my guy. I've never wanted to take care of someone so completely like this before. The biggest roadblock we had was that he is immature and has never been in a serious relationship. He was putting in effort, I saw him growing. His mom asked to meet me and then he started blowing hot and cold, acting shady, flaking on me, etc etc.. He eventually imploded and broke up with me via a phone call because he 'didn't know what he wanted'. I was devastated and made a graceful and quiet exit and just deleted him and blocked him from all social media so I could heal. I still wished him well and wished for his happiness. After a few weeks I got back on the dating app we met on and the algorithm matched us again. All of his profile answers changed to be a reflection of our relationship. I deleted the app and spent some time working on myself. I moved on. It had been three months and suddenly this profile with 0 followers and 0 following requested to follow me. I did a reverse google search and the girl's image is a stock photo. This request felt very out of place, so I ignored it. I made my profile public a few weeks ago and this account has been watching every single one of my stories. They're not following me, so they have looked me up by name. I checked his old account and it has been deleted. I am 99.9% sure that this is my ex. Guys, girls - what gives? If it is him, why not just pick up the phone and call?
He's keeping tabs on me with a fake Instagram account. Why?
Add Opinion