How to forget a boyfriend or girlfriend

what are some tricks you use to forget your ex bf/gf?

whether or not you're over them... but you'd like to move on.

do you just have to wait for them to get out of your system?

34

Most Helpful Guy

• Going out and having fun, living life, treating myself good, and not trying to blame all other guys/girls is a start. Healing takes time, but it's also up to you. Some people put their lives on hold and try to "win" their exes back. I say screw that and move on. I remember that I am a great person outside and inside, and if my ex didn't see that then screw her. I never talk to exes again and I don't be "friends" with them. I stay positive, stay busy, treat myself and connect with good people. I also remember that I was great before I got with her, so I will be great and be better after her. Positivity, good times, good people, logic, staying true to myself, and confidence in myself fuels my spirit to get over the past. People forget that it starts with self, and it ends with self. It's called self esteem for a reason.

What Guys Said 3

• Take everything that reminds you of them (pictures, gifts, anything you have mental or romantic associations with) and put them in a box, and then put that box in the attic or anywhere that's difficult to get to.

• Depends. How long was I with them, how serious was it, why did she become an ex, etc..

• find another guy instead of ex boyfriend, story between you and your ex boyfriend/girlfriend could be faked by the time

What Girls Said 3

• I does take time, but it helps to cut contact with them and get rid of everything that reminds you of them. Also, you should spend this time focusing on you, not the broken relationship. Go out with friends, buy new clothes, get a hair cut... it will help.

• ok let me tell you what I did.i was with this guy from when I was 15 till I was 18 and we broke up not long after he joined the marine corp (cause he met another girl in cali) anyways that week we broke up I got a bottle of jack a pack of ciggs then I burnt every letter he wrote me while he was in boot camp,burnt every picture of "us",burnt all the clothes he gave me(it was a pretty big fricken fire lol) got rid of the jewlry,then I went and got a sexy hair cut,got a tight sexy outfit,some sexy high heels,got my nails did,and went and got wasted with my girls!i had one heck of a time!it helped me alot! lol

• time and a new love interest