Should I let him go for good?

For the last 5 years me and this guy have been dating off and on, we actually were together for 9months at one point and time, but we broke up because he wanted to pursue other options. he ended up in A 2 year relationship with someone else and I found that he cheated on me with that same person,and now he is trying to talk to me on the side. now he is back in my life. we spent a small amount of time together before he left to go back to college for a semester, now he has come home and I don't know how to feel considering the fact that we haven't spoke for 4-5 months and he is expecting for things to return back to normal. I want a relationship he doesn't, but he expects for us to be intimate, but I'm not feeling it if we are not together( no we haven't had sex together in the past ). should I continue to wait for him or should I just let him go.

11

What Guys Said 1

• I hear the phrase "off and on" and think to myself a relationship is not like a light and there should be no switch. There has to be a line drawn in the sand and you both have to decide whether you want to be in a serious relationship or not. It seems to me that he doesn't want that so you have to let him go and carry on with your life. He has cheated on you, and obviously gives little respect to your feelings and emotions. It may be hard for you right now, but in the long road you will look back and be appy about your decision.

What Girls Said 1

• NO, I would not suggest you wait for him. What you have just written shows he is not to be trusted. You deserve much better. While you were both dating, he cheated on you and then spent 2yrs with that girl and now he wants to be back with you and be intimate with you, but not have a relationship with you. What is that supposed to mean? He wants friendship with benefits? He is obviously not trustworthy and it sounds like he has been given many chances - it also sounds like he does not know what he wants and it's not worth waiting to find out. I think you should let him go - it doesn;t sound like he is worth it - I think you are just in for a lot of heartache with this guy, so let him go...