Breakup, stay friends, get back together?

My girlfriend of almost 5 years has fallen out of love with me because I got into a routine and a funk. She got bored with me and doesn't think that she loves me the same. We want to remain best friends and not date anyone. I just want to know if anyone has been through a breakup after a long relationship and then realized after being friends that that person really is your love. I told her that I want to change and I really do. She doesn't believe me which is understandable. So I think that this time will show her that I can change and that hopefully when I do change to the person I used to be the person she fell in love with. Then she will fall back in love with me.

31

Most Helpful Girl

• This is a rather interesting question. Yes, there are cases in which couples went through a breakup after a long relationship and got back together and got married, BUT there is absolutely NO guarantee that this will always happen, and how often this happens. Sadly, the reality is that these sorta things happen by which one wants to stay on in this relationship whilst the other one just lost the feeling and doesn't love he/she anymore. There's why break-up can be very difficult for some people at times. You can give it a go, since both of you are still together, but you gotta be psychologically and emotionally ready if this doesn't work out. Good luck and hope this helps. x

What Girls Said 2

• i am going through the same thing right now, my relationship was 3 1/2 years, and he broke up with me because he said he didn't love me like he used to and that things we routine or watever, so I know how you feel, me and him recently became "friends" and I still love him, I don't know how he feels about me, but I am still trying my hardest to show him athat I am changed, and differnt and trying to show him all the reasons why he feel in love with me in the first place, just like you, we are both hoping that the people we love will see the mistake they made and will realize how much they really do love us, I personally think it can happen, but you never know, all we can do is try to continue to be there friends, show them the best of us and give our all, if that still isn't good enough for them to see, then we need to move on.. but for now good luck to you!

• Breakup. It's not going to keep her happy if you keep trying to be with her! If you love her, let her go. You make it sound like you're some amazing guy... you f***ing cheated on her and told her that you didn't like her looks to begin with but they grew on you! that's not something that a girl wants to hear. She's obviously not happy with you so do her a favor and let her go! Don't take a break and get back together because if it didn't work the first time, then there will be a point later that it will happen again and you'll both have your hearts broken again! I don't know about you, but one heart break is enough for me! Staying friends miiight work but it's rare. Just breakup and be done with it!

What Guys Said 1

• I'm going through the same stuation. thats the million dollar question will she? all i can say is ik its hell I'm going through it right now. hope for the best prepare for the worst I don't know man I'm sorry i can't help