Is there still hope of us getting back together?

Hello. My relationship has been a roller coaster. Two extremes. Really happy and really sad. On and off. My boyfriend and I had said over and over again that we would stop arguing, take each other into consideration, and be simple and happy. Towards the end, I was really insecure and I would ruin good moments for no reason. I took him for granted. He was so sweet to me. And I just took it all and made it into something like it wasn't real, like it wasn't good enough. Tired of this sh*t, he broke up with me. It's been 2 weeks we haven't seen each other. He said we can still keep in touch and he wants to be friends, but he's not ready and he has to let feelings blow over. When asked if it would ever go further, he said I really don't think so. Thing is I don't want to be just friends. And I'm done being my unhappy self. I told him what if that was offered and he said he doesn't trust me. He can't answer if I say ideally would you pick friends, us happy, or nothing. He says friends, like us happy is not an option. Anyway, why would he still want to eventually keep me in his life(if that's even true)? And what should I do? Does reassuring him that he was always sweet to me going to change anything? Right now, I'm staying out and trying to forget. If he contacts me, I answer truthfully and I don't throw anything negative. His mom said he's hurt and she's convinced he'll come back for me. But from what he's told me, I really don't think so. I was selfish and I'm going to stop. But, seriously is there any hope of us getting back together, or at least of him wanting to see me? I tired to make this as clear as possible.
+1 y
Good news. He just told me he still has the same feelings but he's not ready to be with me. So, we're trying out as friends. When he's ready to see me. He said we'll still talk. I'll just live my life. I'm happier this way, but I'm still on guard.
0
3