When you find out that someone you like is taken, how do you react?

When there's someone you like and hung out with for a long time, and later find out that he/she is taken, how do you react?

Do you throw a raging fit about it in front of him/her?

73

Most Helpful Girl

• I conceal my pain, really. It's no business of mine to complain to them or to make them feel badly, because then it will change their image of myself. "Man I'm so depressed because you have a girlfriend and I totally like you" isn't the best conversation for a guy that you like - that's too much pressure.

Ironically this happened to me just the other day. I was totally in-like with this guy, flirted madly with him for the longest time, told him I liked him multiple times, then just a few days ago I asked him how he was. He said he was fantastic! I told him it was wonderful, then asked why, and he told me "Because I just met an amazing girl and we're gonna go out!"

For serious it was heartbreaking, and it's actually what made me join this site ahahah. But I still wouldn't burden him with my feelings.

• Okay, I know you can't say it's their fault they're with someone and you haven't found anyone.

But really, the only good of being in a relationship is for there to be no such thing as sexual harassment between you and your partner.

• No sexual harassment is UNWANTED sexual advances, not unwanted sexual advances OUTSIDE A RELATIONSHIOP. You can sexually harass , rape a person you are dating,a person you are in a relationship with , a person you are married to...

A relationship is a very profound friendship with someone 9usually) you are attracted to & usually have sexual relations with but not always. Some people are in platonic exclusive relationships, not even kissing, rare but still existing.. If you were ONLY hanging -

• out with her so shed be your g.f. yes, & I can see you feeling bitter.. You really should learn to appreciate friendships more, it makes your time well spent as apposed to being about losing or winning. People are all very unique individuals if you pay attention, & have a lot to offer whether they hug you or kiss you or f*** you or just chill with you:)

What Girls Said 6

• no lol why would I throw a fit- did I buy him? lol

are you mad because they didn't TELL you or because they're happy,

anyways it doesn't start with a kiss because lots of people kiss or have sex with no relationship, sometimes a kiss starts it but that depends, usually you hang out both people start making it clear they like each other,more so than other people, they spend more & more time together& eventually one or both suggest they become exclusive,

• It's like some people can just get their mates for Christmas or their birthday or something. It's like girls can just buy a guy from a boyfriend store and bam they're all set. Guys have to do all this hard work to even be just a friend with a girl.

• I don't know what you are talking about. If guys have to put in work being friends than so do girls, friendship s a two way street. I've never bought a boy lol & the reason I like to be friends first is because I don't want to date a person I'm not friends with anyways. so no point rushing in to find out we don't like each other AFTER getting emotionally involved,

I;m still not clear on if you are upset because you feel you wasted time or just because you don't have a girl friend. Another reason to-

• - to be friends first is so you have not wasted time & so that it isn't like a meat market. I mean if you spend months talking to a girl JUST to get a g.f. you'll feel bitter afterwords if you don't get what you want. If you're spending time hanging out with a friend you haven't wasted time because its a friend.. I don't know about you but id feel creepy if I was talking to a guy with the sole purpose of 'getting' him. People are more valuable then black and white deal, imo.

• I feel some disappointment at first, but then I move on.

• I flirt with the guy when we are alone. But I try to become good friends with and when they break up great things start to happen from then on.

• Of course not, considering that if you've hung out with that person for awhile, i.e. pretty good friends, your feelings for them are usually more generous, though not to say it's not extremely painful and bittersweet if this scenario happens.

That said, this did happen to me. In the end, I confessed my feelings to him, mainly cos I felt our friendship was going to be affected by my change in perspective. Now we've a closer friendship than before.

• no raging, no drama. I'm sad of course. but I don't cause any scenes

• You can't stay mad at someone. You can get a little mad, but then you just have to move on. Life is too short to hold grudges.

• But did they have to "work so hard" to get with their mates? Maybe some couples do, but others don't really, and that's when it's ridiculous.

And on top of that, how do you actually get into a relationship with someone in the first place anyway? What does it take for the two to start it up? Does a kiss start it?

• No. You can't just kiss a girl and then poof, she's your girlfriend. I think that a strong relationship is built on a strong friendship. Just hang out with her, and help her through her problems. If you are destined to be together, things will fall into place. When you feel you are good enough friends, then make the next step and kiss her and the relationship can build from that.

• But then, kissing can be done even as just friends. At least if they're willing.

Really, all that hard hard work just for something that you can already do as a friend? Surprises me to bits...

What Guys Said 3

• Ugh, if I had $5 for every time I run into this issue, I would at least have, $500 thousand...

I remember this woman that was a shift leader at the starbucks I visit (She transfered to another store as for her promotion to assistant manager) across the road from my apartment... She is so gorgeous. I talk to her alot. I even talked to her on her breaks. We were cool with each other. However, I began to make the (strategic) move by asking ambiguous questions that demanded personal status imput, only to find out that she was engaged with her long time boyfriend... Ugh... I felt like the world just grew cold all of a sudden... Either that or my body temperature suddenly spiked and the result was a sudden chill... Either way, I still remained associative with her... She later realized I had a thing for her anyway... She said that's nice, but I was too short... LOL

• I go into a cocoon and don't talk to women for a while. And by a while I mean months...at a minimum.

• there was this girl I like and I recently found out she was dating some wierdo I felt like ripping the guys head off:-@