Is it considered cheating to flirt with other girls?

I love my girl but I was born a flirt. I am a natural flirt and I don't plan to get with any of these girls. Would you consider this to be cheating?

• Yes
  • No

90

Most Helpful Girl

• There is no one definition for cheating. Cheating is breaking the rules that you and your partner set for your relationship. As such, you should talk to her about what she thinks is cheating and come to a decision about whether or not flirting is cheating together.

However, if you're ever in doubt about whether or not your actions are cheating, I suggest following these rules:

1. If you think it would hurt/upset her, don't do it.

2. If you wouldn't do it in front of her or tell her about it, don't do it.

3. If you wouldn't want her doing the same thing, don't do it.

What Girls Said 8

• I think cheating involves contact - if you put your arm around her or something of that sort I'd feel a little cheated. As someone's girlfriend I shouldn't have to watch him throw himself on a girl in the same way that he throws himself on me.

I understand perfectly that crushes can happen during relationships but I'd expect some sort of control from my boyfriend just as I expect it in myself. I might sometimes get a little flirtatious with other guys but I would never, ever do it in front of my boyfriend and I would never allow it to get too far. I would just always keep in the back of my mind how much I love my current boyfriend. Unless I don't love him, in which case I should leave him.

• It totally depends on your relationship with your girlfriend and where you guys set the line for what does count as cheating and what doesn't.

If she feels insecure or jealous because of this, then it is wrong and you should stop. I think you guys need to set up some rules or you need to explain to her that even if you just fool around she will always be number one to you.

And you need to be honest...is it only harmless joking around...or do you do it because you feel under appreciated and feel like getting more attention?

I think there is also something like cheating on a emotional level. Cheating for me is not only something physical. An affair after all begins in one's head.

There is noting wrong with the harmless flirting, butto be save:clear it up with your girlfriend =)

• i think it depends on the level and if its intetntional or not. like you I'm a natural flirt but if I catch myself I stop it right away.

• Touchy is crossing the line

But being smiley and all that is harmless

• it's not cheating but to her ... she is jealous

• I wouldn't consider it cheating, but I would be a little put off and think it was a bit disrespectful.

• Like the other girls said... It's not "techinically" considered cheating. But it is cheating her in an emotional sense... That is unless she flirts with other guys and isn't really bothered by you doing the same with girls. If that isn't the case... it might really hurt her! I know I would be.

• it's not technically considered cheating. but I wouldn't be comfortable with the fact that my boyfriend flirted left and right

What Guys Said 0