How do I get him back?

My boyfriend of eight months broke up with me last Saturday. He said he didn't want a relationship because he couldn't handle the stress anymore. This weekend we hung out with his family and went to dinner and to a movie. We kissed and told each other we loved each other. I ask if there is a chance of us getting back together and he said yes. We have texted all night tonight and it is driving me crazy not being able to call him mine. How do I get him back? Is there any hope or is he just letting me down easy?

11

What Guys Said 1

• You need to make him want you and you need to make it clear that he can't have you without the relationship. If you make it clear to him that there will be no sex or serious affection unless you two are together and he bails then you know he was just looking to keep that aspect going. But you need to make that clear and you need to make him seek you out, make him try to get your attention not the other way around. If you make him feel like he can have you whenever he wants then he more then likely won't pursue a relationship with you. Don't go out with other people or anything like that unless he moves on and does the same, but as much as it sucks you need to let him come to you and if he starts sexually flirting with you then make it clear he won't be getting that without the relationship.

What Girls Said 1

• Well I've always been told it's best to do no contact because it makes them miss you... don't know if this works yet because I'm just new to trying it now haha. But perhaps you could try that? And then if he contacts you its okay to talk. But the point is that if he sees you possibly moving on he may realize he doesn't want to lose you and try to win you back.