How to let him down gently?

Hi need some dating advice...This guy that works in a local store that I have been in a few times over the years asked me out and I agreed. He said that he has wanted to ask me out for a while and I was upfront and told him I had just broke up with someone before are 1st date. He seemed sweet so I've hung out with him twice, but he is starting to worry me some. He ask a lot of questions about my sex life which I found a little odd being how we've only really just went on a few dates (3 whole one!). Is this normal for most guys? Then he is listing how many days a week he'd like to see me on our 1st date which again hit me as a little strange. I thought maybe I'd get another opinion. My sister says I should give him a chance, but I'm not sure. Do guys normally move so fast and are willing to buy someone that they aren't even seriously dating a Christmas present? Is it just something I'm not use to or does it all just seem a little strange? If I decide not to see him anymore what's the best way to go about it? Any help would be appreciated :)

11

What Guys Said 1

• the thing about these situations is, we can only tell you what we know based on the people we've dated ourselves.

i've always been open and honest about my sexuality and so has my girlfriend, hence from day one there's been no discomfort.

i'd give him a chance ~ A chance is easily let go.

just remember, nobodys perfect.

What Girls Said 1

• Hmmm...him asking about your sex life seems kind of like a red flag to me. Actually, a BIG red flag. What kind of guy asks that when you're just starting to date him? Has he no dating etiquette? That would creep me out and make me super uncomfortable. I don't know about you, but that would be a dealbreaker for me. And what's with his listing of how many days a week he'd like to see you? Seems a bit intense to me. Makes him seem controlling. And a Christmas present?! What the frick? It is way too early to be getting you something. Either this guy has no real game or he's desperate or BOTH. I think there are better "fish in the sea" compared to this guy. This guy sounds straight up sleazeball to me. Oh and you just broke up with someone? Are you really ready to get back in the dating game? Depending on how long your last relationship was I'd say you might need some time to recuperate and maybe wait for a better guy to come along because if you're willing to go out with this creeper guy you are setting your standards waaay too low. And I think you're better than that.

• Yeah that's just it don't want to hurt this guy, but I already told him that I'm not ready to jump back into a relationship. Thought we could just hang out as friends for a little while and see where it went, but I don't think that that's what he has in mind...

• Yeah, I agree that is not what he had in mind. It sounds like he has big plans for the both you, which is scary. But I don't think there is any way around not hurting him. Better to hurt him now than later down the line. Just think about you and what is right. Follow your intuition that's all I can say.