Is this a good reason for a girl not to let her boyfriend meet a guy she hangs around with?

Hi Everybody, just got a quick question, I am the guy who everybody goes to for advice or tells me everything. I was just thinking about one of my friends, she has a boy friend and everything (got him right after she dumped her last boy friend (not 100% sure what happened between them). They got together (her and her new boy friend) over a year ago, what I find odd was that she still see's the ex a lot, I know she cares for him a lot and does not want to hurt this guy, she has put her foot down on the fact she won't let her new boy friend meet her ex boy friend (despite the ex and the girl are friends (sorta)). I guess its the fact that she wants to avoid an awkward situation with her ex, and still wants to maintain a friendship since she enjoys his company and just talking to him (That is my assumption). The reason why I ask was the ex and I talked last night and well, I couldn't give him a straight answer and I was wondering if there was any other reasons why a girl would want him to be 'friends' while she dated another guy (but not letting them meet).

42

Most Helpful Girl

• who knows. I wouldn't mind for my exes to meet my new guy because my exes got nothing on my new guy and he knows it.

Anyways, maybe she thinks the new guy will be jealous or the old guy will be jealous. Who knows... you'll just have to ask her.

I know a lot of my best friends are best friends with their exes, and then their new boyfriend or girlfriend are also best friends with their new exes etc.

Some times that may not be the case. LIke my friend T could not make his new girlfriend be friends with his ex of 6 years because his ex thinks the new girl is UGLY and I think she is saying mean stuff to T about it because she is jealous and she wants to have T and also have her new BF... if you know what I mean. But yeah, it is probably different with every situation.

What Girls Said 3

• i would believe that no girl would want a current boyfriend to meet an ex. 1. that would be awkard but this is not a good enough reason to hide the fact that she still has contact with him. 2. it may cause problems but if she knows this then why do it.

if she there is nothing else but friends then there is no reason why she should hide it. her boyfriend deserves to know. that's the thing I can't understand with some girls when they do stuff that they won't want for themselves. I'm sure if her boyfriend were doing this behind her back she would be really upset.

• The only reason to hide an ex is because you still have feelings for them. I've seen girls and guys do this. Basically, they are either still having a relationship of sorts or they are worried about having to tell the ex that they are "over."

Some people like having "backup plans," some people like the attention, and others just can't bring themselves to tell someone no. Regardless of the reason it always ends badly.

• The only reason I can think of, is if the boyfriend is possessive & has jealousy issues.

• I don't care

What Guys Said 2

• In my limited experience a woman can be herself when she is around her friends. When you introduce your boyfriend to the equation she will act differently. She will be nervous of her actions because she doesn't want her boyfriend getting jealous.

So, I think she is just playing it safe and trying to avoid a bad situation.

• I try to avoid women like that, the ones who won't let go of an ex. Using a friend as an insurance policy or backup plan isn't right & ends up causing drama.