What would you do if your husband left you when you became paralyzed?

And with 4 of his children to take care to boot.

2|1

Most Helpful Guys

• It's actually really common for women to leave their man if he becomes disabled. This behavior is far less prevalent in the reverse scenario.

Regardless, anyone who leaves their spouse due to a sudden disability is probably a terrible person, man or woman. It can be extremely difficult being in a relationship with a disabled partner so I wouldn't judge too harshly. However when 4 children are involved it becomes a far more severe offense to leave.

1|5
    0|0
    • I used to watch that show "My 600-pound Life" and almost every hideously obese woman seemed to have a boyfriend or a spouse and pretty much every guy was single.

• @Miristheiss Those are called feeders, which is a much more common fetish for men than it is for women. Most of those boyfriends/husbands have a sexual fetish for force feeding their partner and watching them gain weight. If you are curious about the subject then there are some documentaries about feeders on youtube.

• 4d

i vaguely remember a story about a guy who became terminally ill and had like 2 months to live, the wife couldnt wait that long and planned a divorce BEFORE he could die. it wasn't like that had a bad marriage either, it was just some "i'm moving on" decision she just couldn't wait for

• He would be an asshole but women leave men all the time over health issues and injury so it is the same deal there. A friend of mine was divorced after a car accident that meant he couldn't have intercourse anymore. The concept of 'till death do us part' no longer exists in most marriages.

1|3
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Not much you can do. You married a dick who was only in it for the sex. But at least he left you with the dog.

2|3
    0|0
    • 4d

Wow the lady in your picture Trixie is very pretty and , she would be a catch in any mans eyes. I LOVE huskies I used to have one before he was shot... <3 sad day

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 35

• If my wife did that to me id be absolutely heartbroken. But id go hang out with my friends more, spend time on the piano/guitar. And probably start dating again because i know that a wheelchair doesn't need to be a turn-off for girls if i can take care of myself.

But seriously. If my wife was paralysed i would still love her with all my heart. Because , even if she is paralysed, who she is never changed.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't know what I would do. But leaving someone like that would not be the right thing to do. I have a friend whose wife is paralyzed by late adult polio. After about 10 years she demanded a divorce so that he could date and other things. They did divorce but he still lives with her and takes care of her. But he has a girlfriend now. I don't know how that works for them but he does.

0|0
    0|0
  • Guess he couldn't handle reality. These unforeseen tragic things can happen unexpectedly. What? He thought it was gonna be a "happily ever after" and that nothing would ever go wrong?

0|0
    0|0
  • I didn't watch it all but I know enough the husband was an ASSHOLE and needs a severe ass kicking. I'd never do that to someone I love. Hope KARMA gets him.

0|0
    0|0
  • My option on the matter is. no one is going to blame you for walking out. Love really does not play a factor in this. but commitment does. can you imagine your self . Your butt being wiped. from having a bm that the one person that you love.. is doing it. no I would rather a paid professional Wipe my butt. cause I don't want my partner seeing me like this.. you don't have the right to hate anyone that walks out cause your not in there shoes. watch out one day you mint have to make that choice to..

0|0
    0|0
  • Realistically what's the problem?

We as a society justify divorce for any reason, basically. So really, what's wrong with leaving someone after they become paralyzed?

0|0
    0|0
  • I pretty much accepted the fact that I'll be married to a young gold digger so I don't mind her leaving me for dead
    At least my kids would take care of me

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't see a problem with it. Everybody is selfish in some way. People leave eachother for a bunch of reasons all the time. Don't know why this is surprising to people.

0|0
    0|0
  • Seems harsh but I guess everyone has their limits and he found his. Was your marriage good before your accident?

0|0
    0|0
  • I bet at first she was affraid - she was petrified!

0|0
    0|1
    • by the way the story sounds fishy. If the guy was running from his paralysed wife - why did he bring the kids along with him?
      Sounds to me like there was already something in the background.

• i'm not a gay.

but if i had a wife that was paralyzed i wouldn't live her because i'm not a selfish nut

but if she left me... i'd hunt her down in a wheel chair

0|0
    0|0
  • Women leave men because they're "just not happy", so why not? At least this guy had a reason.

0|2
    1|0
    • Being un-happy and leaving someone because they are paralyzed are both very bad reasons.

• What ever happened in sickness and health until death do us part?

0|2
    0|0
    • It's just a saying

• 3d

@Pufffgirl
      ... No. It's a vow. But marriage and those vows have turned into a status symbol. A narcissistic ritual. A chance to show of that FAT GOLD AND DIAMOND ring on your finger. An act of self portrayal, an accessoire.

• They divorced before the paralysis happened, not after.

0|0
    0|0
  • thats pretty fucked up i honestly wonder how their life was before the stroke

0|1
    0|0
  • Kick his arse. But: Something must have been wrong before that already.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nothing. Cause Im paralyzed, I can't do anything, remember?

0|0
    0|0
  • That's fucked up. Obviously he was a shallow bastard

0|0
    0|0
  • What a weak, pathetic coward.

And she's super beautiful.

0|0
    0|0
  • Run after him.

0|1
    1|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 9

• This is why personality is more important than intelligence, looks or wealth. I would not date a rich and attractive guy that I thought would divorce me down the road - no matter - how wonderful he may be. Some guys pretend to be loyal when things are going well but most will blow their cover at some point in the relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would do my best to fix myself up strongly - physically and mentally. He left, his lost. I will come back even stronger! You left me at my worst, you definitely don't deserve me at my best. Karma is a bitch!

0|2
    0|0
    • Awesome reply 👍👍👍

• There are some people who are paralyzed in an accident but regain their ability to walk so you can then shove it down his throat with look what you lost.

• That happened to a church member. Her husband left her after she became terminally ill and then she died. I do believe he will burn in Hell. If it were me I’d just let god handle him

2|3
    0|0
    • If you are that religious you probably know it's as bad to wish someone something like that like have done something like that no matter what that person have done.

• Show All
    • @crazy8000 yeah I didn’t wish it on him. I said what I believe is gonna happen to him. Cause he commuted adultry while his wife was sick

• If that happened to me I would certainly consider suicide. I don't believe in getting remarried after a divorce so I would live the rest of my life alone.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well women leave men for less like lossing their job so it's his choice tbh

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm so glad that video has a more-than-happy ending.

0|0
    0|0
  • It would hurt me to know my husband have never cared, but In Shaa Allah that wouldn't happen.

0|0
    0|0
  • Realize that i was with a man who never loved me.

2|2
    0|0
    • Im glad she found love again and remade her life , what a pathetic coward that guy was.

• Fuck his brother

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes