Guys, would you worry about her cheating?

If your girlfriend (who's never gave you reason to think she's unfaithful) was going on holiday to a party place with her friends, would you worry about her cheating? What would go through your head while she was away?

620

Most Helpful Girl

• Women generally don't cheat, it is usually men who have this problem. Men love receiving sexual pleasure, & if a woman offers it to him, he is more than happy to drop his pants & let her please him. But a woman has self respect & doesn't want to show her body to anyone else besides the man she loves. Messed up, I think so.

What Guys Said 20

• I trust her so I'm fine with her doing things she wants, but... I don't trust other guys around her, I'm not jealous since they can like her all they want, it doesn't mean that she'd go out with them. But I know a lot of guys like her, and I know a lot of guys flirt innappropriately which makes her feel very awkward. So that concern is always in the back of my mind... It's nothing to do with her.

• awww that is so sweet of you. if more guys were like you. if a girl really likes you then she wouldn't do anything to hurt you. you are also right to not trust the guys. they can be shameless flirts sometimes and really pushy. your train of thought is really refreshing.

• Thanks, Unfortunately I learn things the hard way... a lot of guys actively hitting on people I've dated, hearing my friends talk about their general dating angle. I also get called nice, but apparently it's not the kind that makes my partners want to stay with me, I don't know really. lol I have a lot of personal issues. :P

• You know, it's natural to wonder what she'll be doing when on holiday without you.

That said, if your relationship is solid, she's got integrity and you've both got trust in one another, it sounds like there's absolutely nothing to worry about except those silly demons inside your brain that will continue to sabotage your thoughts and emotions until you find some balance and understanding within.

It all comes down to your current trust levels for each other.

• Honestly, considering I don't rush into relationships, if I'm with them it means I have complete trust him them. Now, I'll worry for her, because sometimes life sucks. I might worry someone tries to force themselves on her or get her drunk or slip her something. But that's not me worrying about her cheating on me. I don't necessarily think anyone will do anything, but I worry someone might try. Though, in terms of me thinking she'll cheat? I don't. Pretty sad then that someone I was with for nearly 5 years did just that to me... damn that sucked. Still, even with her childish and selfish act, I'm still trusting towards any girl I'm into and do happen to go out with.

• it depends on the party, how much she would be drinking and which friends she was going with.

a lot of the time its due to too much drinking and bad friends who think its cool to have fun by being crazy and cheating.

but me personally? not really; she doesn't have that type of friends except for one girl, but she only flirts to get attention and isn't really a slut or anything. and she likes to drink but she's never been drunk before, bot even with me. so she would know better than to get drunk with them. I would only worry about guys hitting on her and her liking it, which she hasn't liked yet, and she has to be emotionally attached to be turned on by a guy, so I'm literally the only one that does it for her. and we're in love and I trust her, she could have cheated on me a few times with a bunch of guys if she wanted to and she hasn't. and I know this because she never cheated on any of her ex's.

• i like your hair better in this picture then any of the others on your profile - change it back that way :)

• what are you talking about? I don't have any other pics.

• This would be the perfect time to test her and see what kind of person she is. If this is a girl who truly loves me and is loyal to me, she wouldn't cheat on me. If would also show what her personality its like, can she handled all the temptation, knowing very well how tempted she will be in that trip.

• To be honest I think everyone would worry at least a little. To me if your in a serious relationship with someone you love you should be going out with them to that party. What's the point in being in a relationship if you can't enjoy it together. Right? But yet again everyone needs space every now and then. But parties are one of those things you want to be careful with. I've seen lots of relationships parish because the boyfriend/girlfriend went to a party and made a mistake. When it comes to that sometimes the best way to tell what may happen if he or she goes to one of these parties is to take a good look at her/his friends. Sometimes the way they act will give you a good idea how everything will go. But its not a foolproof plan. But regardless of what happens, you should always trust the one your with. Otherwise why are you with them?

• If I had no reason to be worried then why would I?

My question though is why aren't I invited?

• I would break up with her if she went on the trip. There is no reason for your s.o. to go on a trip without you to a place where people "party", ie, get drunk and have sex with random strangers. Usually this is where the person feels safe in getting away with cheating on their s.o. ... think having your cake (bf or girlfriend back home waiting for you) and eating it, too (cheating with a stranger you will most likely never see again in your life).

• So whoever your girlfriend is, she would never be able to go to any party without you? Sounds like she should be the one to break it off... If two people trust each other then there should be no major worry

• And that, my friend, is called projecting.

(ran out of room)

• Obviously, you people did not understand what I wrote. My comment was about your better half going on a trip with out you to a place where people go to have a good time. Spring Break, Ibiza, any spot where ts known that people go there pretty much to hook up. Hello! Why would you trust your boyfriend or girlfriend to go to a spot like that and not want you to go with them?

• Depends on the girl. I've had girlfriends where I know its a risk. I have had others where I wouldn't be worried at all. Really, it depends on the kind of girl you are and the security of your boyfriend.

• Yes, my girl is faithful but my ex wife use to say "oh I never cheat" till I caught her in bed with 4 guys at once . . . errr anyway ya if you have been cheated on before it just makes matters worse

I always suspect. call me noisy but better safe than hurt.

• I would be more worried about other guys that were attached to her but couldn't see that I was in the picture. It's more about her safety. If I know I can't help her if she needs me, I think about all kinds of things that could happen. At the end of the day, if I have no reason to believe she will cheat, I trust she won't.

• My only worry would be an eventual traffic accident.

• na I wouldn't worry about it. if she gave me a reason to worry I would but if not I would. id trust her

• Well I have that problem going on with my girlfriend sometimes.. We think that about each other but honestly I know in the end that I'm with her for a reason and that she would never do that to me. So I would go on with my life and probably play some xbox to keep my mind away from the fact that she's at a party. As long as I trust her and she trusts me then there's no problem

• i trust my girl.. she said she made out with people before we went official which kinda shook my trust but she said that was before she knew I liked her like a g/f.. if I'm wrong I have no problem being single

• I agree, unless there has been a talk and lines are somewhat drawn she is free to do as she pleases and so am I.

• I trust my S.O. that she would be faithful. She flirts and she knows I do too but I wouldn't ever cheat on her and she knows it.

• Id be l;ike ''she might cheat on me but she wouldn't do that would she?'' and id be missing her a lot.

• If by "party place" you mean friends & family for the holidays no, I wouldn't worry.

• Something else I wanted to add:

If you are in a monogamous relationship then you shouldn't put yourself in those situations. As an example, a bunch of buddies of mine went to Vegas - their trips always involve gambling and sex. I thought about going but decided against it because I am in a relationship and would rather be with her then some random bimbo.

My point is, sometimes relationships involve sacrifice - if you guys are serious about each other, maybe go someplace together instead?

• It's already booked and paid for with my friends. I booked the holiday before I even met my boyfriend. And by party place I mean clubs, alcohol, beach and sex place, but obviously I won't be having sex.

• If you booked it before you met him then go, but again if the two of you are serious you should consider going together. If you aren't serious, only been together a couple months type of thing, then go and have fun.

• depends how she has been acting recently

• i would worry, its natural too..too much drink can lead people to do stupid things...before she went id voice my concern to her..but you wouldn't be able to stop her going, and id wish her a great time..but would feel a lot better when she's back home !

What Girls Said 5

• some guys fail to realize if a girl really likes you she would do anything like that. and trust in any relationship is really important. without that the relationship will fail no matter how long it takes. guys need to realize that before she meet him she had a life. and personal space is needed. just like guys like their nights out girls liketheir night out too.

• I think you meant to say she wouldn't do anything like that.

• I think it all depends on what you've personally been through. Such as...if you've been cheated on, then you're more likely to think the worst rather than someone who hasn't ever been cheated on before.

If cheating isn't in her past any, then you shouldn't have any reason to worry about anything that will be happening.

• it would probably turn me on a lot to know she was cheating on me, I'm just that way :)

• it's not a big deal. people hang out with guy and girl friends all the time without cheating

• If you trust her you won't have such thoughts in your head :)