Leaving his belongings and a note at his doorstep. Thoughts?

Long story short, the guy I was seeing told me he doesn't know what he wants and I told him I'd give him space to figure things out. For almost 2 weeks I had no contact with him. I don't want to be in so much pain anymore while waiting. It's too much for me to handle and it's interfering with my daily life now. So I decided while he's at work one day, to put the stuff of his in a bag with the note "Really wish things could have happened differently. Sorry and wish you all the best. Do whatever makes you happy" and leave it on his doorstep. I feel like that's the best closure I will get. He's a genuine guy who just happened to be confused, although I'm upset I do not think he is a bad person or a jerk. What do you think he will think about it?

Also, does this idea sound stalkerish?

23

Most Helpful Guy

• I just want to let you know this is the first time I have ever been on this website and right when I read what happened in your relationship I had to respond because I did the same thing happened in my relationship but I was on the guys point of view. Anyway, even tho I wasn't talking to her I was always thinking about her and after 2 weeks went by I was ready to get back to the way it was but before I could do anything she did what you did and said "hope things could of worked out better have a good life" after she said we got in a big fight and everything went down hill.. so make sure you really don't want him in your life before you go and do that because he could still be thinking off you.. trust me he didn't forget about your relationship! good luck

• Actually, last night not even 20 minutes after I wrote this question he messaged me. He was just chit chatting with me, he didn't mention us or his feelings or anything. I don't know what that means in terms of how he feels but I'm not going to do this now that he spoke to me.

What Guys Said 2

• No, it just sounds like it would be too hard to do this in person. It's understandable. it tell him you're not just indifferent to the situation.

• That's fine if you want to break it off.

I would recommend leaving out that "do whatever makes you happy" line. It sounds very bitter... And while you may be bitter, don't write that down. That 'do whatever you want' line almost always follows when a guy has done something you don't want him to do.

Don't write it...

• Good point. I do what it make it clear to him that I want him to be happy, that's why I agreed to give him space in the first place. But in the time I gave him space I was in agony. It hurts too much to wait for someone who's unsure and I'd rather him just be happy not having him to worry about me, I do care about him, a lot.

• Sounds like breaking it off is the right choice then.

It's not impossible for you to get back together later but you should only do that because the conditions are right and not just because you still want him.

What Girls Said 2

• I think that's a good idea. If that will help you feel better and get your life back to what it was then go for it. There's no point in waiting and being strung a long when you're miserable just to wait for a guy to make up his mind. If its meant to be then it will happen regardless if you walk away or not.

• In my opinion, I don't think that's a good idea. If you want closure, you need to find it for yourself and something like this is most likely going to lead to a fight with him, and end up making you feel worse.