Should I break up with my boyfriend?

When we first met he was the sweetest guy. He was polite and considerate. He never had a cruel word to say. He was this way up until recently. We had our first fight a week ago..(we've been together for 3 months and that was our first fight) I wanted to see him and he jokingly told me to quite complaining and "blow it out of my A**" I took it seriously but the whole time I was mad he was on his way (an hour drive) to surprise me at my front door...when he got there I was so mad about what he had said earlier I didn't say much to him until it was time for him to leave...then we ended up in a huge argument because he refused to apologize for a joke...I'd thought we got over the whole thing but boy was I wrong...since that day he's been so cruel...I don't know how many times I've cried because of things he has said to me. At the moment he is in Tampa, FL...600 miles away...and since he left every time I make plans to go hang out with friends he freaks out because he says "it's hard to trust anybody when I'm 600 miles away from them" He keeps making me cry and I don't know if I should tell him or pretend like I'm mad too...I'm not mad at him I'm just hurt..he's turning into every other guy I've been with and I really hoped he would be different...someone please help me out here...I don't know how much more of this I can take

20

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• I personally think his intentions were completely romantic but its nothing to protect in a relationship if he can't trust you. There's no reason to stress yourself out over a relationship that's not going somewhere.

• You need to sit down and talk to him, how were you supposed to know it was a joke AHH ! Tell him that!

You probably should have calmed down when he arrived and taken it for what it was, because he then explained it was clearly a joke. Acknowledge that mistake and tell him there is no reason for him to distrust you.

If he has been cruel since then tell him to go do a run and jump.

"No man is worth your tears, and when you find the man that is he won't make you cry"