Why do people break-up because one person can't handle a relationship?

What are the reasons this happens?

Has anyone ever experienced a break-up where the girl, or even the guy, broke up with you because she "doesn't know what she's doing" or "confused about herself" or "cant handle a relationship"?

I think it's honestly the most frustrating thing, because I did absolutely nothing wrong (and if I did all of my friends would have told me, and so would she), and there is absolutely nothing I can do to make it right.

So why do people break up because of one persons instability with her life? I certainly would think that having a relationship would be the BEST thing to have in a time like that. Is it because some girls just don't want to deal with emotion? Or even people for that matter?

I dunno, I'm just in a helpless situation looking for some clarity.

32

Most Helpful Girl

• ok.. so im the uncertain one ok!

and i think that in my past relationships i didnt know or was confused cuz truthfully theres a thing like a red flag that always pops up and really it gets tiring.. so you may say cant handle.. but i say doesnt want to handle.

i believe relationships should flow like voddka and if it doesnt then stop it and bail b4 one gets way to deep.

What Girls Said 2

• Sometimes it feels that by lessening the burden of trying to please someone else, they can focus on the million and one problems they are facing outside the relationship.

• Ugh I'm going through the same thing so I totally get your frustration. I don't know what to do!

What Guys Said 2

• Actually being in a relationship is not necessarily the best thing to have. People need to be sure of themselves and who they are.

People need a support system, yes. But that does not need to come from a boyfriend or girlfriend. It can but don't think that it's the best solution. More often than not, you're just adding more unneeded pressure because they can feel like you are waiting for them to get their life together so you can go about resuming your relationship the way it was before.

• Sometimes the other party is going through tough times which causes a strain in a relationship