He wants to go back to university am I right to call it off?

I'm 36 and I met a man who's 30. We we're getting along just fine until he said he might want to go back to uni to "meet people and have fun why not?" This really took me by surprise. To be perfectly honest at 36 the next man I meet I'd like to have children and settle down. If I told him to stay with me and not go to uni he might end up resenting me. He also still lives with his parents. Doesn't own a car or drive. I feel guilty for leading him on this far but it's ok to back off now right?
Updates:
Like even if I decided not to have kids I don't imagine it would be fun watching him go off to uni and meeting lots of young girls. Relationships don't usually survive long distance or university. Why set myself up for heartbreak?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Well to me at least, there's nothing wrong with going to university for the sake of pursuing a career-benefitting degree. Hell, I know middle-aged people who did that! BUT his intentions aren't that, but rather to "meet people and have fun." That's already a red flag. He needs to grow the hell up. There are other ways of meeting people, especially since he's 30 already. Besides, I don't trust him to stay loyal.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Its okay to back off whenever you want. I totally get you. You aren't getting any younger (and we all know that most women can't have kids at the age of +50). So yeah. You have a right to back off. and he has the right to go to uni and have fun.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• Given your age, if you want Kids, you need someone who is willing to have them, and, more important, help you raise them. This guy seems to have other priorities, so, yes, I think you should break up with him, even if you decide against having Kids.

0|0
    0|0
  • At the age of 30 he lives with mommy and daddy, doesn't have a car, can drive. And you want to talk settling down and children? How could that possibly be a wise decision?

0|0
    0|0
  • what you have there is a boy man... he hasn't grown up yet so ofcourse he wants to go find himself... i suggest you let him go and find yourself some one who is a bit more sorted

0|0
    0|0
  • If he still lives with his parents then I'd highly suggest calling it off anyways. Sorry but that just seems he has no ambitions to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Who the fuck lives at their parents at 30.

0|1
    0|0
  • He does sound like he's in midlife crisis lol

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes