How did my relationship force my parents to get a divorce?

I am going to attempt to make this short as possible. I am a twenty-two female, who is currently still living under my parent’s roof. I pay for what is mine and help whenever it is needed. I have been with my boyfriend for nearly a year now. He doesn’t come to the house, he hasn’t been here for about four months now. He doesn’t even speak to my parents anymore. And when he has, he has been real respectful. Our relationship has been somewhat alright. We argue every so often, but what couple doesn’t? Our arguments have came to a complete stop for about a month now. My father dislikes him, but my mother has been supportive of my relationship til about a month ago. She use to help me go visit him when my car wasn’t working. Go on rides with him to get him food because his roommates would eat his, things like that. Each time we have gotten into a argument, I often would turn to my mother for support, comfort and advice. The other day, I was told the two are getting a divorce. Both of them have told me half of the issues lies around my relationship and my boyfriend. They were tired of hearing us argue. That they couldn’t take it no more. I personally don’t think it is that bad, so I stopped bringing him up in conversations or telling them about the latest argument. However, that wasn’t enough. Now they are getting a divorce and part of it has to deal with my boyfriend. I just feel like it is somewhat unfair to throw the weight on their divorce on my relationship. Makes me feel like it is my fault to blame.

06

Most Helpful Guy

• If your parents' divorce was caused by them hearing about y our boyfriend and the arguments, ask them if they will stay together if you volunteer to move out of the house.

• That’s the thing, I am already planning on moving by December.

• They are using you as an excuse because they don't want to confront the real issues in their marriage.