Is it normal to take so long to get over relationships?

I’m extremely passionate and create deep bonds with people. Letting go of relationships or almost relationships always weighs so heavily on me. It plagues my mind till I finally move on. Is this normal?
  • Yes
  • No

1122

Most Helpful Guys

• The more you were invested, the longer it'll take you to get over someone. That's why most people get over short relationships so easily, they weren't invested enough to actually care about the other person. Some people invest a lot of emotions and trust very quickly making it difficult to move on even in short relationships. Basically, the more you cared about a person, the longer it takes to get over them and the harder it is.

• It's tough to move on. Like you I give it all, with the only exception that I immediately turn cold after I realize it doesn't worth the try anymore.

When you learn to love (family, friends, potential SO.., SO) you have to learn to let go. Call it a breakup, a death of a beloved one, etc. Obviously it takes time to stand strong again after living shady moments, the thing is, you only live once, and memories may prevail, the pain may keep their but happiness is abundant and is not in one person. Happiness can be found everywhere, and to be happy is the ultimate truth.

Remember, when you have a romantic relationship you have an agreement to share your happiness with someone else in a very personal level, been so, anything can happen and that agreement can fall apart with only a change of mind from someone in the relation.

I am not saying don't have a romantic relationship, what I am trying to say is that your happiness should be the only thing that concerns you, and a breakup is at last the product of that concern. At the end that's what everyone looks for "happiness", and when is not found in a relationship, a relationship fails.

Most Helpful Girls

• You're just a deep person. When you love, you love all the way. Only makes sense that it's harder for you to break those bonds. I understand your kind completely. I admire you.

• First of, being normal is not equivalent to being good, so you shouldn't be ashamed if something about you isn't normal as long it only affects you.
    Secondly, humans have various personalities and emotions. It's hard to determine what's normal. I personally never got completely over some connections, they just don't affect me anymore as they used to.