I must be now the worst person ever right?

I got cheated on by my fiance. We were together for 6 years and engaged for 5 months.

My reaction upon finding out his affair (which has been going for almost 2 years):
- Backhanded him, literally knocking his glasses off him.
- Throwing all his stuff outside.
- Throwing several of our pictures against the wall.
- Throwing a nonstoppable verbal ranting along with saying ''I never want to see you again''.
- Telling everyone on fb.

Though I'm never gonna get back with him, I know the 1st on the list was clearly wrong. No excuse. So I must be one of the worst person right? Thing is most of our mutual friends (even a couple themselves) saying ''he deserved it'' are the same ones that would have reacted differently if tables were turned. My own ex fiance himself thinks it was deserved too. I think not. I think a throwing a cheater to the curb was enough.
by the way this is coming from a once quiet, shy girl that never fought anyone and rarely argues.

310

Most Helpful Guys

• Yes, it was wrong to hit him. He could rightfully press assault and battery charges. But it was also perfectly understandable for you to do so. If he went to the authorities, he would be the biggest douche in the world on top of being a cheater.

If the tables were turned (you cheated and he hit you) the principle would be the same. But, unless you’re both unusual for your sex, he’s probably larger and stronger and will do considerably more damage to you. Your swing at him was probably more humiliating than seriously threatening. And that’s why everyone, including him, thinks he deserved it. If the tables were turned, his swing at you might put you in the hospital. Force matters.

• U did OK, just as anynody would. Telling everybody isn't a good idea though as these things are private.

Being cheated sux, it's like you're engaged to a petty criminal. The guy obviously has no clue how to do that. So don't mess with petty criminals, go for a great black ninja.

• Ironically I used to be a quiet, shy girl (I can still be sometimes) and never fought anyone. I'm also the type to rarely argue. That was very out of my character.

• No worries, it was OK. But don't think there are other types of guys, srsly

Most Helpful Girl

• You guys were together 6 years, engaged 5 months and he's been cheating for close to two years.
    Giving him a backhand was wrong but my opinion he's lucky you didn't kick him in the balls as well. I would bet at least 75 out of 100 girls would have reacted the same way so NO you're not even close to being the worst person ever.