I broke up with my boyfriend, and I regret it?

I broke up with him last night. I drove him home after a fun day adventuring at my house. I explained to him I no longer felt happy in our relationship, I no longer felt like I was enough for him and loved him enough.

It was awful, he cried really hard and was confused and shocked. He said he had never felt happier, when I asked him what he thought of us before I went through with this, he wa saying how I changed him and helped him break out of his shell, I made his life better and he was trying to get me to stay I believe. He eventually agreed that we should break up. We kissed one last time and had a few tight hugs, I kissed him on the cheek and said goodnight and when he walked away he didn’t even look back at me, he was crying.

Now i I regret this more than ever, it’s been just less than a day since we broke up and I know I can’t go back. I made this decision already and now I’m stuck with it, things probably won’t be the same after this. We haven’t talked at all since then, no texts or calls, nothing. His mother unfriended me on Facebook and told one of his friends, who texted me asking if I was okay and he said that my (ex) boyfriend seemed okay today but when he brought up the breakup that he went pretty quiet at school.

i just need some advice, will these feelings of regret pass? I need help, it’s been less than a day but it feels like forever. I want to text him, but I know we need time to heal. He hasn’t texted me and I don’t think he’s going to. What should I do?
Updates:
We ended on a good note. No fighting, no bullshit. I told him if he ever needed anything I was there for him, and that we could be friends but that didn’t help.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• you ended a "great day" by dropping this on him at the last minute, at which time he cried like hell - and now you say you regret it?
    you think it ended on a good note? you think there was no bullshit?
    take a good long look at what you wrote and ask yourself if your update is true or what you want to be true.
    ja, he's a crybaby, but truthfully, he's a lot better off without your bullshit.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• If the idea of breaking up did not come out of blue why are you regretting it? Ask yourself if you love him. If you really do go talk to him and try to explain what made you think it was not gonna work. But if you think problems are really bad and there is no way to fix them, then do not waste his time. When I broke up with my boyfriend at high school for stupid things, at first I was not even regretting it, then it hit me so hard but it was too late. It took my 7 years to fix things and we are still together. So it is up to you. If you love him go for it, if you don't it is better to let go.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• It's a part of growing up. Not a nice experience or memory, but somehow useful later on. I also cried when my first girl cancelled me. I survived.

0|0
    0|0
  • Glad you broke his heart and saved his life. Maybe he will now focus on himself instead of wasting it on women.

0|0
    0|0
  • They do pass, it takes time but you can move on. Don't ever settle. You will know when you meet the right guy

0|0
    0|0
  • Ah, the friendzone. Just where every guy wants to be. :)
    It's just ALL about the FEELZ, ain't it?

0|0
    0|0
  • Not the best case but it seems like there were some issues.

0|0
    0|0
  • You obviously fucked up you should take him back

0|0
    0|0
  • Stop toying with him if you're not interested.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ex's can not be friends. THEY SHOULD NOT BE

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• It’s normal to second guess whether or not you did the right thing. It’s hard to hurt someone that you love but you’re young and it won’t be your last break up.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes