How to cope when your boyfriend leaves you to be with someone else?

A little more info: we were in a ldr and he decided to try with someone locally.

1534

Most Helpful Guys

• It says a hell of a lot more about him and his fear of commitment than about you honestly. If a guy is hopping like that it means he was looking while still in a relationship rather than working on whatever it was he felt wasn't right in the relationship.

He's a manchild, move on and find someone more loyal.

• Oh! Fair enough on the distance then, those are super hard and if someone is there locally I can totally understand how they could be tempted away. Not to say you're not an amazing woman but simply that you weren't there. People are social creatures and theoretical online relationships will never be as fulfilling as in person ones that feel real and tangible.

I wouldn't beat yourself up, have your cry, then dust yourself off and remember you could have looked perfect and acted perfect and the outcome almost certainly would have been exactly the same. There's nothing to beat yourself up over, you didn't do anything majorly wrong as far as I can tell.

• @RodinHood thank you :) I hope so. He did my best always

• @RodinHood True, it isn't a reason to break up but distance is a lot of strain on a relationship so if there are already problems it will make them bigger I would say.

• Things happen. Nothing lasts forever. Nothing is exactly ever permanent. Just give it time, maybe he really wants to see you and be with you but the distance makes it so difficult he wants to try something different first. Who knows? He might change his mind later. Just don't dwell on it and find other things to get busy with and move on. Like maybe get a pet and take care of it, or if you already have one, spend more time with it. Travel, go dine out and try eating and drinking out at new and different places. Or whatever you really like and want to do to fill that void. You'll be a'ight.

• thank you, it kinda makes you feel. miserable to think someone you loved prefers someone else

• @VictoireDauxerre That's just the reality of it. People can change and tend to change all the time, maybe not now, sometimes it happens later on in their life. Things don't always remain exactly the same, including feelings, desires, etc.

Most Helpful Girls

• I’ll tell you how I got over my child’s father getting another girl pregnant when I was 8m pregnant and leaving us when she was 4m old... I kept busy. Simple as that. I kept busy with work, being a mother, a second job and my absolute focus was on bettering myself for my daughter.. when he saw that I was keeping busy, not returning texts that didn’t pertain to our child, and was “doin me” he begged me to let him come back. He’s been exiled from my life but doors have not closed for him and my daughters relationship. If I sat in my ass all day, crying about it, I would have been weak enough to take him back. Seriously, my only advice is do something to stay busy.. work, go to the gym, get a side hustle, anything that sparks PROGRESSION. Good luck..

• ALSO, don’t ask WHY it happened. Don’t try to understand why that person did it!! Just know that they did and take it as it is. You don’t need to know why! You need to understand that this is a flaw in that persons character and leave it at that. It will get easier. I promise..

• Good job. You are truly an inspiration and a strong woman!
      I hope I can become someone that strong

• My ex left me for his coworker and married her. Mind you, we did not have an LDR. I get sour feelings these days when I think about it but the sting hurts less over time. Time, just time

• sorry to hear that. I hope you feel better and find a good man who would love you unconditionally