Is it okay to break up/ghost your SO because you think it's best for them?

Like if you're feeling the relationship is a burden to them and you don't want them to go through that anymore.
Updates:
Like you have done so much already but nothing is working. You feel so bad because they don't get the relationship they want or deserve and they don't want to leave you but you think its best for them.

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• No that's immature just break up why ghost that's so childish

1|0
    0|0
    • Not even when you have brought up breaking up but he won't do it? He got so mad when I did so I just ghosted him but technically I broke up first... I wanted the best for him because there is nothing for him in the relationship and I was right since he is with someone else now and I think he is happier

• It was still wrong and childish yes it may have worked out for him but it's was vary immature of him

• What you think isn't necessarily what they think or feel, so I suggest talking with them about it.

Ghosting is never good. Women seem to think it hurts us less, but it makes it a million times worse!! IT HURTS MORE!!!

As far as breaking up, I say, unless YOU want to for yourself, talk to him and let him decide. Don't make the choice for him.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• That's not a valid reason to ghost someone. What you think is best for him, may not be what he believes is for the best. It's better to talk to him, and end it face-to-face

0|1
    0|0
  • I stopped answering texts from someone because he was kind of hung up on me and spent more time on his phone trying to reach me than he spent in the real world. I felt like that wasn’t healthy for him. I had told him this, but he continued to message me and snap me and call me at least every five minutes. So after a while I just stopped answering altogether, and he gradually eased up on the messages and stuff, so that was good.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 27

• You should definitely tell your partner how you feel. If you are a burden because of how you are, that is for them to decide? Love is sacrifice. If your burden is because you are a bad person. Try to be better.

Ghosting and cutting off is a Horrible and evil thing to do to another human being. It is never for their benefit! It is selfish, cowardly, cruel, and evil.

1|0
    0|0
  • You can break up with them but "ghosting" someone is never right, it's cowardly. I hate it when people do that to me

1|2
    0|0
  • It will leave an open "circle." Ever hear about closing circles or getting closure. While something might hurt, it's easier to get over something when there's closure. Otherwise it lingers. Also, be honest with the person, perhaps the issue is one he can resolve. Otherwise if it's something he can't, mention something he should improve. Give him hope for what the future has for him.

0|0
    0|0
  • Two different questions. Is it ok to ghost someone, no. Break up, yes but at least explain your reasons

0|1
    0|0
  • Possibly break up, depending on circumstances.
    Never ghosting, ever.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think it would be best to do a breakup. Just cleanly, kindly, no judgement or anything. And make sure they understand that it isn't them or you. Just the combination. Hope this helps.

0|0
    0|0
  • I did that once (not the ghosting), for that same reason. One of the single biggest mistakes I've ever made. Talk to them, don't try to make that decision for them.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends. Is it really about their best interest or because u have low self-esteem? Not saying u do. Just a question.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well it's either they a cuck or you a bitch. Find out the situation for a guy's point of veiw and skeet on to do what is best for yeet

0|0
    0|0
  • If they want you they'll express it and be true. If therrs hope, discuss the relationship with the so before ending it all together

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes you should definitely break up with them but do not ghost then. that's just mean

0|0
    0|0
  • Ghosting is the worst, just talk about it together.

0|0
    0|0
  • No just talk to them about it. Dont just break it up. Commutation is key to a great relationship.

0|1
    0|0
  • Ghosting is for bitches and assholes don't do it. Breaking up is fine

0|1
    0|0
  • No just be honest about your feelings. Don't lead him on.

0|0
    0|0
  • If they like they can be happy, other wise breakup is better option

0|0
    0|0
  • No because that isn't for you to decide. You don't decide what is best for another person.

0|0
    0|0
  • Break up? Sure
    Ghost? NOOOOOO

0|1
    0|0
  • Ghosting is shitty and weak in general.

0|2
    0|0
  • Yes, do what you must

1|0
    0|0
  • you can't decide someone elses decision

0|0
    0|0
  • Lame

0|0
    0|0
  • Just tell him directly. And don't sugarcoat.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hell No !!

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes..

0|0
    0|0
  • For years I'd wish a woman would just be honest and tell me why she doesn't want me instead of being childish and selfish and just ignoring me. How's a guy supposed to better himself if no one will tell him what to fix?

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd say that was quite noble, myself. Love means you'd make sacrifices for the other's happiness and well-being.

0|0
    0|1

What Girls Said 14

• No. Allow them to decide if it's a burden to them or not. Explain why you think it may be a burdon. But allow them to decide. Unless of course you have doubts of your own. You could either send them into the arms of someone much worse for them, or you could cause them unnecessary depression and lonliness. Dont doubt yourself and your potential importance to them.

0|0
    0|0
  • You can't make such a decision by yourself. That's something that needs to be discussed with your partner.

0|1
    0|0
  • Breaking up would be fine, possibly even good. Ghosting though, no, you should never do that

0|1
    0|0
  • No. Stop imitating stupid drama movies.
    Why would that be any help to them? That's the most cowardly and selfish way to end a relationship.

0|1
    0|0
  • Breaking up is fine but ghosting is horrible. People need closure and ghosting is not respectful

0|1
    0|0
  • No, talk to them dont lead them onmake it clear what you want and what they want and decide whats best for both of you

0|0
    0|0
  • If you feel it’s best to break up for their interest don’t be a shit-filled pussy and ghost them. Just break up.

0|0
    0|0
  • You can't make decision for other person, only for yourself

0|0
    0|0
  • Be mature and straight forward. ghosting is childish and cowardly

1|1
    0|0
  • No, either you break up on the spot or talk about what's happening. If it's fixable then try if not then break up.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's always okay to end a relationship when it's not going right. Don't worry if you'll hurt him or her, do what is best for you.

0|0
    0|0
    • As for ghosting, it's not really an effective way to end a relationship. It just makes you look like a coward. Always be upfront about it.

• No, no one deserves to be left in the dust. At least let them know what’s going on.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds like something a coward would say. If you want to be with a person, be it and be the best for them you can be, try harder! And if it is because you don’t want the relationship anymore be a man about it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Tell them what u are writing here. Don't be so cowardly

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes