Is it okay to break up/ghost your SO because you think it's best for them?

Like if you're feeling the relationship is a burden to them and you don't want them to go through that anymore.
Like you have done so much already but nothing is working. You feel so bad because they don't get the relationship they want or deserve and they don't want to leave you but you think its best for them.

1629

Most Helpful Guys

• No that's immature just break up why ghost that's so childish

• Not even when you have brought up breaking up but he won't do it? He got so mad when I did so I just ghosted him but technically I broke up first... I wanted the best for him because there is nothing for him in the relationship and I was right since he is with someone else now and I think he is happier

• It was still wrong and childish yes it may have worked out for him but it's was vary immature of him

• What you think isn't necessarily what they think or feel, so I suggest talking with them about it.

Ghosting is never good. Women seem to think it hurts us less, but it makes it a million times worse!! IT HURTS MORE!!!

As far as breaking up, I say, unless YOU want to for yourself, talk to him and let him decide. Don't make the choice for him.

Most Helpful Girls

• That's not a valid reason to ghost someone. What you think is best for him, may not be what he believes is for the best. It's better to talk to him, and end it face-to-face

• I stopped answering texts from someone because he was kind of hung up on me and spent more time on his phone trying to reach me than he spent in the real world. I felt like that wasn’t healthy for him. I had told him this, but he continued to message me and snap me and call me at least every five minutes. So after a while I just stopped answering altogether, and he gradually eased up on the messages and stuff, so that was good.