What is healthy way to deal when your partner is taking you for granted? Is break up really only what is left?

What should I do, he loves me in some way but he does not look me the way he used to, he does not show me as much affection as I need, he don't feel need to impress me when we talk. Today we went for walk, we mostly didn't talk at all.
We live together for 5 years. I told him many times how I feel, there is no improvement. Is break up really only solution?
  • You should break up.
  • You should not.
  • I don't know
    Vote C
Thank you all.

518

Most Helpful Guys

• Why should he always adore you when you make no progress. In fact it's opposite: you're getting older and less attractive. And you want the same passion and romantics out of the blue. Are you crazy?

You are asking a stupid question. If it would be something like "I dropped 3 stones in the gym, put silicone breasts, made skin procedures, put in elite make up and did a model haircut and he still doesn't notice that"... Well that could be reasonable. But as you're dreaming about a breakup, geez, do it. The guy deserves someone better.

• He also made no progress so I should love him less also? Are you even in relationship, have you ever been loved or know what love is?

• lol this has nothing to do with her question. You are very much unhelpful and sound much more imature than your age would indicate.

Anyways, they are probably ona rut and maybe she hasn't expressed herself well enough for him to understand. maybe if he indicates she is even wondering if they should break up due to the fact that she feels he doesn't like her the same anymore might wake him up. Just express that. dont threaten break up. But tell him u feel his feelings for u ar dying for some reason and u feel helpless.

• All relationships lose their passion as they get old. In the end all that is left is your friendship with the other person.

Most Helpful Girls

• I mean if you really love him, talk to him about how you feel!! If he still doesn't meet your needs, find someone who will <3

• There are ups and downs in every relationship. He might have something else on his mind bothering him or dealing with. Instead of expecting attention, try to give him attention by asking him if there’s something wrong or something he wants to tell you about. There might be something happening outside of your relationship. It’s not always about us (women). Try to be supportive even if you think that there’s nothing he’s bothered about. He will appreciate it even if he doesn’t show it.
    Surprise him with something you know he’d love. Make yourself look beautiful with no reason. Change your hairstyle or something else in your appearance.
    If he doesn’t talk to you or doesn’t show you much affection it doesn’t mean he doesn’t love you anymore. He’s just settled. You need to keep the fire on.

• I take care of looks, I really do. I am girly girl. I know there are things that bothers him but when we are in bigger circle of friends, he is his old self, charming, makes jokes, I see how he look other womens. Like he used to look me. I just think he takes me for granted and is not inspired my me anymore to make some effort.

• He's playing cool around friends and most men have that special look at women, it should not bother you unless you have a proof of him being unfaithful or too flirtatious.
      Taking you for granted can have a good side - it means he's comfortable with you and doesn't feel pressure and need to win you. If you want that kind of attention you probably can try to do more activities on your own and most importantly do not show you are annoyed or disappointed with him. Do things that will make grow his respect to you.