Have you ever cheated in a relationship?

How did it happen? Did your partner know through someone else or were you the one who told the truth

Answer anonymously if you want

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• Never cheated, have been in an open relationship. I don’t recommend any couple doing that. Usually ends badly. I have been cheated on and it’s a horrible feeling. If the cheater or potential cheater knew the damage it caused I think most would reconsider their choices

2|1
    0|0
  • I think when we're young, every body cheats. Altho i could be wrong... Just haven't seen it. Me, yes, I've cheated when I was younger. Once I experienced being in love... My attitude changed. I feel so bad for the ones I cheated on that years and years later, I called and told em how truelly sorry I was. It took me beingin love and being cheated on... To know how they feel. And it sucks. So never again will I cheat.

0|0
    0|1
    • You believe when we’re young, everybody cheats in relationships?

• Yes. Only because we don't know what we want. some say cheat. Some call it explore. Some just love the feeling.

• Not everybody cheats 🙂

Most Helpful Girls

• I dont know if this is cheating or not but when I was 19, I was talking to this guy online and we both said we liked each other.
    We never met in person.
    I met another guy in college dorm and we ended up sleeping together.

1|1
    0|0
    • If you two werent exclusive i believe you didn't cheat.

I have had that kind of bond with someone online too, and even though i know we’re not in a relationship i kinda feel bad talking to someone else. But i think its fine as long as you both know what you two are

• Does emotional cheating count? I got close with someone and started to catch feelings. I in no way acted on the feelings but it still hurt him that I could like someone else

1|1
    0|0
    • I dont believe so. You dont control your feelings and you dont get to decide who you fall for. Cheating is done consciously and physically, it will be your own actions and decisions

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 43

• Yea i was 20 and didn't really want to be with her, i felt indebted to her cuz she helped me out. I broke up with her through a text while i was in the hotel room with the other chick. Never told her about it tho, didn't want to destroy her heart more than i already had

0|0
    2|1
    • Damn, thats cold. How old are you now? And would you have done it differently?

• 25. And nah. I like who i am today, every experience I've had led me to being me so i wouldn't change anything about the past even the things im not so proud of

• Yes, about month ago I was in a relationship but she was showing a lack of commitment, and I didn't quite trust her as she would constantly lie to me (she's laughably bad at lying). I had just moved to the same city as my penpal, and she invited to come to her house, so I did. She greeted me very warmly with a big hug and a kiss on the cheek. She was aware that I was in a relationship and she managed to get me to talk about it. I told her everything, she'd make comments along the way such as "damn, what an ass" and "I'd never do that to you", not in those exact words of course, but similar to the provided examples. I'd always been attracted to her, but seeing how much better she looks in person left me in a constant state of having to hold myself back from saying "fuck it" and dropping my relationship to go out with her instead. As the conversation went on, the more I thought to myself "I should be with her instead". My current girlfriend was very gorgeous, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized that it's all she has going for her. She isn't loyal, she isn't supportive, not understanding, selfish, and most of all, she's stupid. My penpal is just as beautiful, and the exact opposite of all the above. After a quick second of silence, the look she gave me silently told me that I should leave my current girlfriend behind and be with her. I told her that I felt bad because I what I would be doing is cheating. She reassured me by saying "she lies to you, cheats on you, doesn't listen to you, only thinks of herself, and she weighs you down. You call that a relationship? Forget about her, if I have to tell her everyday to leave us alone, I will." She then started to rub on me and it lead to a kiss which lead to, well, you can guess. I didn't get into specifics when I told her, but I informed her well that I found someone better than her. My pal was right, we were never in a relationship, so you can't really call it cheating.

0|0
    0|0
  • Everyone cheats. All it takes are the right circumstances and the right opportunity.
    And yes, I have cheated on, and been cheated on many times.

0|0
    4|3
    • Not everyone cheats. If you meant in relationships.. just because you’ve cheated and been cheated on

• If a tree falls in a Forrest and there's noone there does it make a sound?

• I was in a long distance relationship when i was 19. An ex called me and begged me to give her a ride home because she was stranded. This may seem shallow, but the ex was extremely attractive. Why to attractive for a cave man like me. I broke up with her because she kept getting mad at me for being a gamer and was kindof a racist dick to my bestfriend who is black. Anyways. She was soaking wet when i picked her up. It had been raining. Majority of the drive was in silence. When we started getting near her place she started reminiscing about our passed sexy times. Before i knew it i was having intercourse with her of her kitchen table. It was absolutely amazing, but like all awful things that feel good - that feeling didn't last. Immediately after I cried as i drove home. It ate me alive for a couple hours before i had to call the woman i actually love and tell her that i betrayed her. So i did call her, and i told her. The words she said to me after crying for hours then calling me back will haunt me for my entire life. "Please dont leave me." She was in a chocked voice saying it and she may as well have shot my in the heart. I betrayed this woman and she is begging ME not to leave HER! What kind of fkn pos am I? I hated myself for a long time for that. As i type this message, im sitting 3 feet from that same girl, and im 29 years old.

Lesson hear is. If you actually have any love for your significant other, your going to hurt yourself just as much as you hurt them. And hating yourself is way worse than hating someone else. If you can claim to love someone yet betray them repeatedly, you either dont know what love is or your a sociopath. Plain and simple.

0|0
    0|0
    • I should mention that in that story, the girl im with now is the same one i cheated on, just so thats clear.

• No never cheated but I think I have been cheated on. My ex broke up with me and i found out she has a new dude 3days later

1|0
    0|0
    • I sympathize with you on that one dawq

• Show All
    • @hithere969 Same.. i don’t know if my ex ever cheated on me as well. I’ve been told by people (when we were together) that he’s playing around... and now that we’re broken up strangers just pop up my messages saying he cheated when we were together.

He never admitted it himself. Which i think is worse than actually knowing for sure if he was that cheap during our relationship.

• Ya its bogus I don't know why people cheat maybe a thrill but it just hurts people. Even worse cuz we had kids 2 wonderful children 1 and 2 and she comes around maybe 1 a week for about 10mins and leaves but doesn't play with our sons just daughter.

• I never have and never will cheat on any girl. If I want to date another girl, I still want to be friends with the girl that I'm dating now. That is why I would break up with the old girl before going out with the new girl.

2|0
    0|0
  • No. But a girl grabbed my butt once, then I grabbed hers. It was harmless. She let me know she had no intention of going there. She liked me, but we were both in committed relationships. There's no way I could've done it, no matter how bad I wanted to. We were just friends with a strong sexual attraction.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I do cheated once, I told my partner myself after an year. I needed a break so I started looking other girls and then it happened though it didn't lasted for long time but there is a guilt which haunted me, and I decided to tell my partner that I cheated on her with this new girl. She was terrified and didn't want to talk to me after that. I guess I deserved this. I am still hopeful she would come back to me when the time is right.

0|0
    1|1
  • Never have cheated but some people need excitement and changes constantly. My advice for anyone in a relationship. Dont let each other get bored. Keep the flames going.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope. I've been close but in the end, I said if I don't respect her how can I expect her to respect me.

1|0
    0|0
  • Cheating is the most disrespectful thing you can do to your lover. it is selfish and painful to your partner. its a low life move

2|0
    0|0
  • I've never truly had a girlfriend before. I know I would never ever cheat no matter the circumstance though.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm pretty loyal when it comes to relationships. I can't even cheat in my dreams, which really sucks.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, but I've unintentionally helped several women cheat.. no me gusta...

1|0
    0|0
  • I have not, but I have been cheated on more then once. Now I have trust issues

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope. The closest I ever came to that was dancing with a girl while I was in Texas and my girlfriend was in Maryland.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yup, while we were in a rs she seemed to no care and used to flirt with everyone so I did then broke up

0|0
    0|0
  • I've never been in a relationship but I'd never do something like that that's for sure..

0|1
    0|0
  • No. I've only been in two though and to be honest they turned my off of relationships all together.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Never. Not ever going to happen.

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 29

• No I have never cheated. I typically talk or chat with multiple suitors until I narrow down my choice but I wouldn't per se it's cheating since they're all aware. None of the relationships are official or sexual anyhow.

2|0
    0|0
  • I have. I wouldn't sayim proud of it but. I was looking for revenge. I have been with my guy for 8yrs. Around the 5th year he would always hide his phone and message people while he was in the bathroom. When he thought i waas asleep. The only reason i knowww this is because we shared a Facebook. And I was on another device watching him reply then have them deleted.. But I'm not going to justify my did it
    But we were moving closer to my family and he wanted to stay behind at his dad's house to clean up extra good.. while talking to his ex girlfriend
    His only other serious relationship
    It took him 4days to clean up like vaccume and pick up trash in two rooms. On the fourth night he said called and said he was going to stay another night. I wasn't shocked. I said okay do what you have to do like see his ex. We fought and I ended up making a dating site profile someone near me wanted to take me out. And I let him. And I let other things happen too. I honestly feel cheating is always associated with lack of attention and communication. Most people still love that person they cheated on. And regretted it while it was happening but it was already to late the deed had been done.. so it's either keep the secret or loose somone you care deeply for all over somthing that won't ever happen. Again. Sometimes a guilty contious can change how they treat they're partner

0|0
    0|1
    • @stacy1021 I would like to say one thing.. your boyfriend might have attracted to someone else but he still loves you, please try to understand him. Why did he delete those messages because he still wants you to be with him... Am not completely supporting him here but try to think this way too.
      I'm sorry you would have been hurt a lot at the real time that is what prompted you let the other guy in to your privacy.
      Anyhow All the best to your future.
      Stay positive , keep smiling, accept life.. don't know how appropriate am speaking here...
      I did the little similar to something what you did.. but at the end of the day I wasn't sure about my happiness regarding the revenge.

• Show All
    • Sorry but my reply is going to factual you are in a codependent toxic relationship it can be fixed you both have to sit down and discuss boundaries oh you shouldn't"t feel guilty you only had one night he's had 4 possibly more

• I would never... im usually a very picky person when it comes to dating so if im with u it means u are special to me and would never want to lose you. I dont waste my time dating people i dont genuinely care about. Plus im very blunt amd honest... soooo i would usually be like “i dont think this is workin out” if I dont like u anymore but i usually dont have to say it cuz when i like someone i like them to the point where i obsess so i can't be tempted by anyone else

1|0
    0|0
    • You're definitely right their the nop Nevers probably are cheating or will in the future To be honest there is a very small percentage of people (0) who will not at some point in their lifetimes cheat in a relationship

• Show All
    • Can u answer my recent please

• Sorry sites a bit glitchy didn't see you're reply. Yes you are right theirs hope for the one that own up and try to change if it's just the once. I think that everyone in their lifetimes cheat at some point almost like a right of passage. But the ones that get caught and lie are the seasoned ones

• Yes. I did bc I had a really strong feeling he was cheating & I used to be extremely prideful like “you’re not about to make me look dumb being faithful to a cheater”. & I know that having a feeling isn’t proof but, every time I get a gut feeling about something it’s right. Anyways, I turned out to be right. When I found out I told him what I did. The only regret I have is not leaving & making immature choices.

2|0
    0|1
    • How did you find he was cheating? I get those gut feelings from time to time but no proof

• Yeah it’s really frustrating w no proof. That’s why I didn’t leave immediately. But I found out one day when I caught him in a lie after 2 years. So when I caught the lie I told him I didn’t trust him & I needed his snap password. He deleted everything🙄 but I looked through his best friends and a girl saved their convo. When I started getting a feeling he was cheating, that’s when they started talking lol

• Some people believe I cheated, some don’t. But I guess I’ll just say yeah I cheated, sure.
    How? Umm... they kissed me. For like a second. A really short second. I told my partner what happened and I broke up with with him too. He’s dirt under my shoe.

0|1
    1|0
  • No, I have never cheated, don't cheat and will never cheat. If you're not happy in your relationship, just break up, it's as simple as that. Cheaters have no decency.

1|1
    0|0
    • Yeah that's Noble but then you're probably that type that has a guy lined up the moment you break up with your boyfriend.

• Show All
    • Well good for you. Are you single?

• Negative.

• No I couldn’t do so. Even if I could get away with it eat at me. My ex she cheated on and I caught her I tried to forget but couldn’t I saw the woman she cheated on with so broke up with her.

2|1
    0|0
  • No, I can’t handle the thought of getting cheated on. Plus if I did cheat I know someone would do the same to me. Karma scares me because when I do fuck up it comes after me.😂
    Of the exes that cheated on me something really terrible happened in the following relationship.😳

0|0
    0|0
  • I cheated on my husband a year into marraige and I told him

0|2
    0|2
  • Cheated as in.. Not in a direct way... Its just i sometimes have phone sex with another guy.. He would be very upset if he got to know this...

0|3
    2|2
    • Wow, you sound like a fabulous person!

• Show All
    • @Lovi87 True, she is a whore

• Yup i m... Thanks.. 😊

• No, I haven't. There's no point in being the relationship with them if that's the option they have when they can make a more mature choice and just end it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Hell no. Only way I could is if it was a tit for tat situation.

0|1
    1|0
  • Yeah cause he was ugly and someone way hotter allowed me to have sex with him

0|0
    5|3
  • I cheated in my first relationship. We were together for 5 years and I was satisfied sexually. I believe now that the reason it happened that way is because I was ready to end the relationship, I just didn’t know how. I was very young at that time (too young to have been in a relationship like that) I was with him from the age of 13-18. I was 18 when I cheated. I believe it was somehow my way of attempting to end the relationship. I saw how bad it just him and I think I could safely say that it hurt me almost just as bad as it had hurt him... he found out from one of our friends...

0|0
    0|0
  • HELLNO I would never cheat
    Cheating is stupid

3|0
    0|0
  • no i have not

1|0
    0|0
  • No I never cheated.

1|1
    0|0