Was I a bad boyfriend?

So I was with this girl for 9 months who had some trust issues because she was in an 8 year relationship previously with a guy that was abusive and cheated on her multiple times (also had two kids with him). The first 90 days were great. We went on dates, had great make out sessions. I gave her flowers, on our month anniversaries, wrote her cute poems, always complimented her and looked out for her and her kids. We eventually had sex. It wasn’t until after that the problems started and I noticed things about her that were not right. 1. She was always accusing me of cheating. 2. She was extremely flirty with other guys. (She would give her number to guys and tell me they were friends). 3. She was extremely clingy. 4. Was inconsiderate about my feelings and only cared about things that pertained to her. We would argue a lot about things that mostly I did according to her. She had this friend that liked her and constantly tried to break us up. This guy literally tried to have me killed by telling some ghetto dude to shoot me but the guy didn’t want to do it. I told her to stop talking and hanging out with him, but never listened to me and said that “ he’s just in love with me”. I gave up on that because it went no where. I did a lot for her and her two kids which their dad didht care about at all. I would help the oldest with her homework and buy them toys. I even took them to Disneyland. They had a lot of fun. Eventho I did all these things, my ex would always complain about something, why haven’t I asked her to marry her, was very bitchy for no reasons etc. she also would text other guys while she was out with me. There was his particular guy that she would always text which she left me for. I just want to know if I was a bad boyfriend because I don’t get why she left me tbh.

34

Most Helpful Girl

• You were a great boyfriend. She has serious issues and I'm not sure if even she realizes that. Like you said het past relationship has left her broken and I'm sure she's left with serious trust issues and is not ready for a serious relationship.
    The thing that really surprised me is how she's ready to talk to others and flirt behind your back when she's got cheated on several times. It's really rude and disrespectful and if I were u I would have left before she got the chance to leave.

• She was going out with the guy she’s with now while she was still with me. Smh. She told me that they were friends, but she would hide his contact by not adding a name to it. I also forgot to mention that she’s a huge liar. She would lie about the smallest things. I honestly think she cheated on me a couple times. I just never knew about it. My gut tells me that.

• U need to move on. After you know she's a liar you don't even know if she's really been cheated on, how can u be sure she's not just wanting to be sympathized with.
      But u shouldn't think about it. Just try to move on, it was obviously pretty toxic of a relationship and she made her own choice, you've done your best so it's not in your hands

• I’m moving on. Slowly. I just can’t help, but think about how I was betrayed by someone that claimed to love me. It’s crazy. I guess that’s how life is.

Most Helpful Guy

• kick her the F out of your life! you don't deserve that. you don't need to be dating girls that can't realize a good man. i feel bad for the kids, but you can't dwell on that (unless CPS is needed). she's just a subpar mother that is going to ruin everything in her life and for her family.

• I heard that she was going to marry the guy she left me for and they had only been dating for two more months. I blocked her from all social media. I don’t want her in my life, but I just think now and then if I did anything wrong 😞

• if their connection was that much stronger, then let it be. it's the story of my life.