How to manage super-super curly thick hair?

I have unbelievably thick and curly hair. Like you pull my bangs out and they go past my chin but let it go and it frizzes out and it barely reaches my nose. I know it needs moisture but everything I try makes it feel greasy or oily.(Did I mention I'm mixed so my hair is some weird texture). Don't tell me to flat iron it either, been there done that( 4-5 hours to blow dry hair and 2 hours to flat iron, and it lasted only a day).Please tell me if you have any suggestions.(:

30

Most Helpful Girl

• e best thing to do... is to wash your hair with shampoo... was that out... fill up the tub and put tons of conditioner in your hair... leave that in as you shave and wash. when you are done doing everything... wash the conditioner out... starting at the roots... make sure there is none around the scalp... BUT leave the conditoner in the rest of your hair... you can leave it in... it won't hurt u... if anything makes your hair super soft... and will keep it smelling good. finally... brush your hair and use a leave in conditioner spray if it gets tangled easily! make sure... you have got to put gel in your hair... put the gel in while your hair is still extreemely wet... just after you brushed it... this will help leave bigger curls and not make it look so little andstringy curly. I would say if you do this every other day... on the days you dont... spray your hair with water and get it wet and add more gel... the more gel in there... the less frizz and tangling you will have the next time you wash it. when you don't put the gel in... the tangles and frizz go crazy and you have to rip your hair appart to get it. ALSO I find when I let my hair get longer... the weight keepss it less curly... and also helps to control a lot of the tangling than when its shorter. good luck!

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• heyyeh! just use a light conditioner (I use sebastian light because I have oily hair) but only use a little bit like the size of a dime but only put it on the ends of your hair and bangs if it makes your hair oilyy. but yu could use a reallly good flat iron like CHI or fusion tools( the really amazing on my mom has) or I use wigo europe and it won't take yu 2 hours because they have different temps for thick hair and it makes yur hair really stright and it only takes me ten or twenty min to do my hair on the medium setting and five min on the hot one and I have thick hair. hope I helped 3lise:))

• Hey, I'm a professional hairdresser, and see these things all the time. I always suggest deep conditioning masks, put it on after your shower, and sleep with it one...rinse in the morning. also...oils DO work...you just need to use a teeny tiny amount on your hair.. the smallest bit. I usually say a dime size. I also suggest something called Headrush, TiGi makes it, its shine spray, it will take away some of the frizz.Hope that helps!