How can I get my ex back?

so everyone I've talked to has told me the way to win back an ex is to

-have no contact,wait for him him to contact you (which I did, we didn't talk for 3 months then he got a hold of me)

-then when you start to communicate again, to be a really good friend and not pressure him

-give him space

well now that I've been doing this I want to know in a guy's opinion if that actually works..?

we were together for over 3 yrs, he broke up with me saying "he loves me, but not like he used to"

but the entire time we've been broken up (5 months) he hasn't been with any other girls (I know for sure)

and when we hangout its just the best, is there a chance of rebuilding our relationship over time if I continue being a good friend and showing him how great I am, and how great we are together? is there anything else I can do to get him back?

43

Most Helpful Girl

• That is what they say is the best thing to do, but from experience I don't know if it works. I'm trying it right now too. But I think the most important thing to do it just try to move on. If it is meant to be it will happen. Because it causes you too much pain focusing so much on trying to get him back (I know this first hand). So try to live your life without him and keep up the no contact, only talk to him if he contacts you.

What Guys Said 3

• Of course there is :) If there's a will, there's a way. So if you two are getting along fantastically again, then you should become best friends again soon. Then it should be easy to rebuild your relationship and fall in love again. But you take a risk by doing all those things your friends told you to do. Because you run the risk of him not contacting you if you wait.

• God damn, why do so many people around here want their ex back? It's never going to be as good as it was. Once the trust has been broken it's over. And he broke up with you once, what makes you think he won't again? Even if you claim to give him everything and do everything he wants? That won't be good for either of you. If you must, settle for friendship and nothing more.

• Ur answer is so depressing. That's just your opinion because me and my boyfriend are very much in love and we broke up and got bak together multiple times.

• lol, biased woman is biased. Enjoy more break ups then and more pain and more beliefs you're "in love."

• only if he wants that...

What Girls Said 3

• The way things work is a guy must chase a girl... Bottom line... Once the roles change the relationship does a full switch. .ake him chase you, when he wants to hang out make it know you have plans (and a life without him) N o one says be mean, but make it understood that he is not your first priority and when he is good to you, you can be good back. But he needs to make the first move everytime!

• Kiss him like you never kissed him before. It has to be sweet though and kinda unexpected. Hug him with you arms on his shoulders and when you stop hugging keep your arms there and look him in the eyes and lean in. If he doesn't move then he wants you to kiss him too if he does move then say sorry that it just felt like old times

• He's your ex for a reason. Why do you still want to be with a guy who doesn't care for you as much as you do for him? In a good relationship, each partner should feel LUCKY to be with their significant other - not like they settled.