Recovering from being led on?

I've been seriously led on. I ended up really liking this guy, and he liked me. We were having a good time together, and then I find out he just got into a relationship with someone else. I'm so disappointed because I've been led on in the past 3 attempts in being in a relationship (I guess 4 now), and I'm really having problems getting myself back together. Is there something wrong with me?

How do you guys recover from being led on?

21

Most Helpful Girl

• I know exactly how you feel. It's like why were you flirting with me and leading me on to believe that you liked me so much and then suddenly there is someone else?.. and then they end up going into a relationship w them. and the worse is when they mention nothing about the other girl. I know its hard to get over but like honestly with my situation the guy hasn't gotten over me and still talks to me and still wants to keep that connection we have together so don't think that this guy will just forget about you because he wont..

What Guys Said 1

• There's no real formula for recovering from something like that, only time will tell, its happened to me as well for the past 2 attempts and it sucks, it leaves a mark, but after awhile I did get over her (or them - they were on two separate occasions, don't judge fellas). Just do what makes you feel better, talk to someone about it if you have to and just occupy yourself enough and eventually you will recover from that horrible horrible experience, i'm happy my friends were there for me to listen to my shitty story, twice.

What Girls Said 1

• this just happened to me - tonight in fact. It's so hard not to think of these guys as a**holes or liars when you feel this way. If you figure out how to move past these feelings of hurt, let me know!