Why do people get mad when they send you a text saying bye and you don't send a bye back..

It doesn't make sense to me.. They said bye should you send bye back? What's yur opinion?

13

Most Helpful Guy

• If it's your friend or a long-time partner it's OK, but if it's your new girlfriend/boyfriend you should sent a bye. It's something like not wanting to hang up first on the phone because then you could cut him/her off or something and leave him feeling bad or miss some talking time because you thought the conversation ended prematurely,..

But if it's a friend than He/she should be OK with it.

What Guys Said 2

• Ha I'm guilty of this (not saying 'bye' back). I don't know why, but it just seems like something that isn't necessary. I mean, if it's obvious to both of us that the convo is over then...well it's over. Don't see why I need to string it out with little pleasantries. Not trying to be rude, I just feel that if it's over, well then stop texting :P

• Don't bother to text them. People are become less able to hold a conversation because of texting. I feel bad for those individuals who later can't communicate well with others.

What Girls Said 1

• It doesn't have to be a "bye" but some kind of closing word or phrase is usually appreciated to indicate that the conversation is over. I might say:

"see you tomorrow"

" c you later"

"later"

I guess you could equate not texting anything back to not saying anything at all to someone when they say bye to you in real life.